Search by tag «Plugin»Entries found: 26
XING has recently decided to discontinue its official free API.
Today we are introducing the better alternative – new NextScripts Premium API for XING. Unlike the API from XING that was able to make posts to profiles only, NextScripts Premium API for XING can post to profiles, company pages, and groups.
All current API subscribers are getting it for free today. SNAP WordPress Pro plugin users can use it starting from version 3.7.16 (API 2.27.0). SNAP Pro API and SNAP Light API users should download package version 28 (API 2.27.0)
UPDATE (Jan 20, 2017). Version 3.7.11 has been released to WordPress.org plugin repository. it has all code from this beta along with some fixes. Please update your plugin.
New beta version is available for download. Two most popular networks Facebook and LinkedIn just got a completely new configuration interfaces.
You can get beta version from here: SNAP for WordPress Version 3.7.10.Beta (No longer available)
Just upload it to your plugins directory replacing current files or delete your current SNAP version install it from WP Admin. (That will not delete or anyhow affect your currently configured networks and settings).
Since it’s a beta version, please make a backup before upgrading and please report any issues right away.
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.7 has been released. This version adds support for two new networks.
1. Weibo. Biggest Chinese Microblogging Service. You can post your messages and images.
2. MailChimp. One of the most popular email marketing tools. You can send your blogs as email campaigns to specific subscribers.
Version 3.7 also has cleaner and less cluttered interface for both settings and “new post” page, new “Post to all checked networks” button on the published post page, new categorized list of networks on the “Add New Network” page.
Instagram Autoposting is coming to SNAP!
3 years ago we wrote an article explaining why Instagram was not supported. Instagram was accepting images only from the phones and other mobile devices and there was no way to post there from the website or API. Since then we were considering creating our own API for Instagram. Well, today we are announcing it.
NextScripts API for Instagram will be available for all active API subscribers* Friday March 5, 2016 as part of the Universal API.
More info as well as demo is here: SNAP: Autoposting to Instagram
Autoposting to Instagram is available to all active SNAP API subscribers. Active SNAP API subscriber is anyone whose last payment for SNAP API was less then a year ago.
Instagram autoposting is available in all SNAP API versions including “Pro”, “Light” and “Run-Time”(this one is included with “Pro” WordPress plugin)
Clarification #2: Who is getting Instagram?
SNAP API Pro Subscribers – Yes
SNAP API Light Subscribers – Yes
SNAP Pro WordPress plugin users who subscribed to RunTime API – Yes
SNAP Pro WordPress plugin users who chose “One time payment” option after March 5, 2015 – Yes (but will loose it on the payment anniversary)
SNAP Pro WordPress plugin users who chose “One time payment” option before March 5, 2015 – No
SNAP Free WordPress plugin – No
Today we are announcing SNAP for WordPress Version 3.5. It will be released on Friday, March 4, 2016. This version is a result of our decision to change our release strategy. We are still working on completely new and totally re-written version 4. That version will be a major release and it already took a lot of time to develop. We realized that while we are sitting on some cool features that were made for upcoming V4, version 3.4 already got 32 almost featureless releases. We are sitting on them for too long. Some of those features require brand new V4 platform and engine, but some of them can be easily ported to V3 and work along with the old code.
So we decided to make several smaller releases instead of keep people waiting for one big.
We are starting with version 3.5 that got new API connection engine. New engine comes with highly optimized, smaller and faster V4 API connector files. We created a way for new API connection engine to seamlessly work with the old one.
Version 3.5 has three networks based on this new V4 API connection engine:
Telegram [New] (Free and Pro),
Instagram [New] (active “SNAP API” subscription members only),
XING [Updated] (Free and Pro).
Eventually all networks will be ported to new V4 API connection engine. Very soon we will make couple more V3 releases with new interface, features and networks and then, once we finish new autoposting engine, we will switch it on and call that release V4. That’s the plan.
PS: We apologize to all people who are waiting for the new “existing posts re-posting” functionality. This feature actually requires new V4 posting engine and will be available only in actual V4.
Version 4 is coming out soon. One of the new features is “Filters” – an ability to define exactly what posts should go to each configured networks.
Upcoming Version 4 Features: New plugin place, New look for post metabox, Query, New Facebook configuration
Plugin interface Location
Plugin outgrew it’s old place under the settings menu. SNAP is now located in the left menu column.
Version 4 is coming out soon. One of the most important new features is a completely redone auto-reposting.
Auto-reposting in version 3 was done as on/off switch per network and separate include/exclude property per each post. It was very complicated and some reposting scenarios that were not possible or very hard to setup:
– Repeat one particular tweet each day at 9AM
– Auto-Repost only posts from specific categories or tags
– Auto-Repost only posts written by specific author.
– Auto-Repost only “Image” format posts, not “Link” or “Standard”.
– Auto-Repost some specific posts from 9AM to 11AM and some different posts from 6PM to 9PM
Version 4 will use Reposter Actions. Each Reposter Action can be configured individually and you can setup what posts should be posted to what networks and when should it happen.
Nice people from Yoast added SNAP to the list of incompatible plugins without any additional explanation.
The following plugins might cause (open graph) issues with Yoast WordPress SEO: NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-Poster
Since there is no way to contact them, here is the explanation:
You can’t have more then one set of open graph tags on your site. Yoast SEO Plugin has an ability to add open graph tags on your site and SNAP can add open graph tags to your site as well. If you have both features active you will get two sets of open graph tags and that will confuse social networks that use open graph tags.
You need to disable open graph tags in one of the plugins.
UPD (Dec 3, 2014):
We reached out to Yoast, explained the situation and they agreed that there is no conflict between Yoast and SNAP: https://github.com/Yoast/wordpress-seo/issues/1796
SNAP Plugin for WordPress just reached 1,000,000 downloads on wordpress.org. It happened today May, 11 2014 at 2:15 AM EST.
What can we say? Thank you! You guys are awesome! Thank you for using our plugin, thank you for your good reviews, thank you for your bad reviews, thank you for reporting bugs and problems, thank you for encouraging us to add more features and improve the product. Thank you for your support.
Also very special thank you to all people who bought the “Pro” update! We will keep working on it and we will keep adding new exiting features because of you.
PS: Yes, we know those are not unique downloads, this number counts upgrades as well.
PS2: Next 3 SNAP PRO Plugin for WordPress upgrade orders will be refunded, which means you will get it for free!
We introduced the “Old Posts Re-posting” functionality with version 3.0. It was one of the most requested features and it was one of the most hardest features to implement.
What we did works, but it turned out to be very hard to understand and configure correctly. You need to setup the re-poster itself, then you need to include/exclude posts to/from re-posting based on several different criteria. It’s complicated and hard to get. It should be much more clear and easy to use.
It’s time to admit that we did it wrong.
So we officially announce that we will completely re-do the “Old Posts Re-posting” feature in the version 3.5 release. Until then, starting from March 25, 2014, we are no longer offering support for the current implementation. There is no point in fixing it, it must be completely re-done.
We are sorry, but we are longer accepting or replying to support tickets/inquires about “Old Posts Re-posting”. This functionality is now provided “as is” without any guarantees.
The good news is that we actually got a lot of feedback and a lot of experience from this. We know what we did wrong, and what to do to improve it. We promise that we will do it right this time.
PS: Just to clarify. “Old Posts Re-posting” functionality is not buggy, it’s not broken, there is nothing wrong with it as it’s done. You can configure it and it will work. It’s just very confusing and hard to understand and configure. Also it is not as flexible as it should be and many desired configurations are either extremely hard to achieve or even impossible. It should not be like this.
Update (Dec 2014): Upcoming Version 4 Features: Auto-Reposting
Update 2 (March 2015) (FAQ)
Question:I got “Pro” version and it says that this is not supported. I urgently need this functionality!!!
Answer We are not sure what exactly are you asking here. First of all “Re-posting” is not a part of “Pro” upgrade, it’s available in the free version. Re-posting functionality in V3 is working, we just don’t support it because it was not implemented to satisfy everyone and we are completely redoing it. We are working on new re-posing functionality for the last 10 months. It will take another 2-4 months to finish it. What exactly can we “urgently” provide you with?
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.3.0 has been released. This version adds support for Flipboard Magazines (Pro Only) and a lot of improvements.
One important improvement is rewritten Facebook API access.
When we started this project as “Facebook-Twitter-Google+ Autoposter” we took official Facebook PHP API library and used it. Two years and 21 networks after that we actually asked a question why exactly we are still using those 47kbs of code. We can do much better then that. We have enough knowledge and experience to use Facebook API directly, without some “middle man”. As a result we got much faster and more reliable Facebook autoposter engine.
Another important change is disabling Auto-Reposter if WP Cron service is not correctly configured. This should save a lot of frustration and prevent many issues.
= 3.3.0 [03/06/2014] =
* New – New network “Flipboard”. Post your links to your magazine.
* Improvement – A lot of code, error handling and interface optimizations and improvements.
* Improvement – Plugin is not using 47kb of official Facebook API for PHP anymore. Facabook autoposting is now more stable and faster.
* Improvement – Auto-Reposting functionality will be disabled if WP Cron is not configured correctly.
* Improvement – Plugin shows how many posts is included in auto-reposting on the settings page.
* Bug Fix – Many bug fixes and improvements to the “Auto-Reposting” and “Posts from Query” functionality.
* Bug Fix – Checkboxes with selected categories were not saving correctly.
* Bug Fix – Google+ – custom URL postings were incorrect.
* Bug Fix – Tumblr is now working “New Post to Social Networks”
SNAP for WordPress Version 3.1.2 has been released. This version fixes several bugs.
= 3.1.2 [01/15/2013] =
* [Critical] Bug Fix – [ERROR] (#100) actions should be a JSON-encoded dictionary with ‘name’ and ‘link’ keys
* Improvement/Bug Fix – Plugin will import all comments from Facebook posts, not just the first 100.
* Bug Fix – Plugin were re-posting the same “Sticky” post in some configurations.
The long awaited version 3 has been released.
* New – Major release with a lot of new and improved features.
* New – Auto-repost existing and already posted posts based on some rules – one-by-one from old to new, one-by-one from new to old, from specific dates, “older then N days and younger then X days”.
* New – Add auto-posts to the query that will be posted according to some specified rules (like “two posts per hour”)
* New – Select what image to use for “Image” and “Attachment” post types if post has several images
* New – Custom URL for posts
* New – Reset all Settings for existing posts.
* New – Extended debug info.
* New – Ability to send errors by email.
* New – New Option – How to handle spaces in hashtags.
* Improvement – Comments import has been completely redone. Disqus and usernames should be correct now.
* Improvement – Code was optimized for lighter footprint
* New – App.net Support
* New – Reddit Support
* New – Deviantart Support
The new version 2.7.18 has been released.
It contains several improvements and fixes for recent changes in various social networks. Comments import issues and additional URL parameters issues has been fixed as well.
This will be the last 2.X.X release. Version 3 is almost ready.
Full list of changes since 2.7.14.
While most of the plugin were written using new V1.1 Twitter API, one function were still partially dependent on old V1 API functionality. Twitter V1 API is now officially retired, so SNAP has stopped working for some people who were using that function.
We just released SNAP version 2.7.15. This version has all Twitter code updated to the latest V1.1 Twitter API and all functionality is working again as it suppose to. Please upgrade your plugin to this version.
The latest 2.7.13 release caused some troubles.
Let us explain what happened.
Administrators can give or not give the rights to autopost to specific user groups. That feature had a security hole that was allowing users who has no rights to autopost still do that. That was fixed in the latest version. We won’t unfix it or roll it back. That was a real security problem and it was causing real troubles.
If you are getting “User ID XXX can’t autopost” errors please go to the settings tab and give the user group where user with ID XXX rights to autopost.
However this fix backfired to users who were using that security hole as feature.
– WordPress used as classifieds website. Visitors submit posts from frontend.
– Administrator doesn’t want contributors or authors to change autoposting settings, but still want their posts to be autoposted to all configured networks.
– All posts are imported by some automation plugin. That plugin is not brilliantly written and it inserts all posts using hard-coded user id #1. Website doesn’t even have the user with ID 1, so the result is “User ID 1 can’t autopost” error.
We will re-think our security model and might add another privilege, so some user groups will autopost without seeing or being able to make any changes to the settings. We also might add the ability to skip this whole security model and use plugin without any restrictions (as it was before the fix).
UPDATE: Version 2.7.14 has an ability to skip the check for user privileges as well as an ability to allow users to autopost without seeing to changing any options.
Many people mentioned in the comments to the previous post, that Reddit allows you to post your own links to your own subreddits.
Well, we have heard you and the next version of the SNAP will support autoposting to Reddit.
You can check out our subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/NextScripts/
The new version 2.7.2 has been released. It has better settings page interface, FriendFeed support, ability “Spin” message post templates, support for goo.gl and YOURLS URL shorteners and many other improvements and bug fixes.
New network: “FriendFeed”.
Ability to “Spin” message post templates.
New template tag %ANNOUNCE% Inserts the text till the <!–more–> tag or first N words of the post.
New Pinterest interface support.
New Twitter length of the URLs is now supported.
Includes post tags with tags for LiveJournal/Dreamwidth.
Woocommerce product tags supported for %TAGS% and %HTAGS%.
Ability to use “Custom Fields” %CF-CustomFieldName% in autoposter message templates.
Support for YOURLS URL Shortener.
Support for goo.gl URL Shortener.
Better interface for “Settings” tab.
Full list of changes.
= 2.7.2 [02/28/2013] =
* Improvement/Bug Fix – New Pinterest interface suppport.
* Improvement – Post with tags for LiveJournal/Dreamwidth
* Improvement – WordPress to WordPress posts will include “Excerpt” as well.
* Bug fix – WPMU – Accounts loosing selected mode.
* Bug fix – Twitter – “Your Message is too long” problem caused by Twitter increasing URL length from 20 to 22 characters.
* Bug fix – LinkedIn – Posts were not attaching when posting to LinkedIn Groups.
* Bug fix – Incorrect skipping of individual categories selection for automated (non-human) posts
= 2.7.1 [02/26/2013] =
* New – New network “FriendFeed”
* Improvement – Indicators that some networks have excluded categories.
* Improvement – Woocommerce product tags supported for %TAGS% and %HTAGS%.
* Bug fix – Broken checkboxes in “Post Edit”
* Bug fix – Tumblr Post URLs
* Bug fix – Broken %ANNOUNCE% tag
* Bug fix – Blogger line breaks.
* Bug fix – Some issues potentialy causing duplicates.
* Bug fix – Blogger line breaks.
* Bug fix – Warning: _() expects exactly 1 fixed
* Bug fix – vk.com connection error
= 2.7.0 [02/23/2013] =
* New – Ability to auto-import “Replies” and “Mentions” from Twitter and post them as WP Comments
* New – Ability to use “Custom Fields” %CF-CustomFieldName% in autoposter message templates.
* New – New template tag %ANNOUNCE% Inserts the text till the <!–more–> tag or first N words of the post.
* New – Ability to “Spin” message post templates.
* New – Support for YOURLS URL Shortener.
* New – Support for goo.gl URL Shortener.
* Improvement – Better interface for “Settings” tab
* Improvement – Tumblr include categories as tags
* Improvement – More clear and understandable log
* Improvement – All “Message Format” fields are now multirow fields.
* Improvement – no _ in hashtags anymore
* Improvement – Featured image custom field could be an array
* Improvement/Bug Fix – additional protection against magic quotes.
* Bug fix – Stumbleupon category selection.
* Bug fix – Twitter characters limit when %TEXT% is used.
* Bug fix – Autoposting stability improvements.
* Bug fix – Featured image location in custom field.
* Bug fix – International characters for Blogger (Free API).
The new version 2.6.1 has been released. It has better interface, DreamWidth support, ability to auto-import comments from social networks and may other improvements and bug fixes.
1. DreamWidth. Technically DreamWidth is running on the modified LiveJournal engine, so it was logical to add a support for it. Just click “Add new Network”, select Livejournal from the list and then choose DreamWidth as the website to post
2. Import Facebook comments and post the to WordPress.
a. Go to the SNAP Settings->Other Settings and activate “Comments Import”.
b. Go to the Facebook account settings and activate this feature for each account.
Full list of changes.
= 2.6.1 [02/01/2013] =
* Bug fix – Critical bugfix for Facebook Authorization.
* Bug fix – “Import comments” interface tweaks.
* Bug fix – “Add new network” interface tweaks.
= 2.6.0 [01/31/2013] =
* New – Ability to auto-import Comments from Social Networks and post them as WP Comments (Facebook only so far)
* New/Improvement – New Settings Interface
* New – New network (kind of): DreamWidth.org – LJ Based Website
* New – Additional URL Parameters
* New/Improvement – Plugin will invoke it’s own cron in case of broken WP Cron.
* Bug fix – vKontakte – NXS API Fixed.
* Bug fix – Pinterest – fixed “board retreive” that could break the settings.
* Bug fix – Pinterest – fixed “0” board ID problem.
* Bug fix – Pinterest – fixed problem with wrong default image.
* Bug fix – Plurk – Better error handling.
* Bug fix – Fixed broken posting to selected categories only.
* Bug fix – Account assigned categories were not saved.
* Many other minor bug fixes and improvements