Error when posting to google+

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Error when posting to google+

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Martin Pally
    Participant

Since 27.04.15 I get this error:
      [goo.gl]- -=ERROR=- Array ( [headers] => Array ( [vary] => Array ( [0] => Origin [1] => X-Origin ) [content-type] => application/json; charset=UTF-8 [content-encoding] => gzip [date] => Mon, 27 Apr 2015 04:15:55 GMT [expires] => Mon, 27 Apr 2015 04:15:55 GMT [cache-control] => private, max-age=0 [x-content-type-options] => nosniff [x-frame-options] => SAMEORIGIN [x-xss-protection] => 1; mode=block [content-length] => 215 [server] => GSE [alternate-protocol] => 443:quic,p=1 ) [body] => { “error”: { “errors”: [ { “domain”: “usageLimits”, “reason”: “dailyLimitExceededUnreg”, “message”: “Daily Limit for Unauthenticated Use Exceeded. Continued use requires signup.”, “extendedHelp”: “https://code.google.com/apis/console” } ], “code”: 403, “message”: “Daily Limit for Unauthenticated Use Exceeded. Continued use requires signup.” } } [response] => Array ( [code] => 403 [message] => Forbidden ) [cookies] => Array ( ) [filename] => )

NextScripts.com
      Participant

This error is coming from the goo.gl URL shortener: >> “Daily Limit for Unauthenticated Use Exceeded. Continued use requires signup”

What kind of additional information do you need? You have reached the limit of unauthenticated use. Please sign up for goo.gl key or use another URL shortener.

Martin Pally
        Participant

I did not notice, that the settings suddenly changed from bit.ly to goo.gl . No idea why.
          Must ‘Force Shortened Links’ be checked? I use %SURL% .
          Thank you

NextScripts.com
          Participant

If you use %SURL% then there is no need to check it.

G
            Participant

I understand that it says to sign up for google short url. Can you add a walkthrough on how to do that? It seems that it would be a common issue. Do I need to go to their site to sign up? Is there some key I need to put into SNAP?

Thank you

NextScripts.com
              Participant

All you nned is here: (“Acquiring and using an API key”) https://developers.google.com/url-shortener/v1/getting_started#APIKey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.