Google+ Posting missing Blog Post

Forums NextScripts API Forums – Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.. Google+ Posting missing Blog Post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

On March 16 at roughly 3pm PT, all of our auto-posts to Google+ no longer contained the blogpost to Google+ message as an attachment, but only display the Title. All posts before that time were OK and included the blogpost attachment, but all posts after that time only included the Title.
      Is there a way to debug what the root cause might be? I am pretty sure nothing changed on our servers or in our WordPress settings, but I don’t know of anyway to drill down into what the issue is.

Brian
      Participant

I ran the same test using the JetPack Publicize module, and it worked just fine and displayed the blogpost. Not sure what happened to NextScripts this week.

Alex
        Participant

Same problem non solution yet whats happened with snap?

NextScripts.com
          Participant

It has been fixed in the version 2.18.18. Your site should get the upgraded code with the next update. You can speed it up by double clicking the word “API” in the version number on the plugin settings page.

Brian
            Participant

Thanks!
              Yes, upgrading the API resolved the issue for us. I really appreciate the quick turnaround with the fix.

Pixuk
              Participant

I’m only seeing 2.18.17 in mypage download. It seems I have to raise a support ticket to get the updated API every time rather than it being automatic…

Pixuk
                Participant

Ok, now got the API 2.19.0, but trying to post anything to Google+ now fails entirely.

Can’t be sure of the error, since error reporting is off on my main server, but I’ll do some tests on a Dev server to see what it is. My guess, similar to problems I’m having with Instagram, is I have the updated nxs-api.php file, but my zip download doesn’t have the updated nxs-functions.php.

Pixuk
                  Participant

Ok, the error is “Call to undefined function nxs_remote_get()”, which makes me think this is to do with the nxs-functions.php file not being quite as up to date as nxs-api.php file.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.