Pinterest "Spam" – Not Published

Forums NextScripts API Forums – Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.. Pinterest "Spam" – Not Published

• This topic has 10 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by proxy list.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lloyd Silver
    Participant

My posts to Pinterest are being flagged as spam:

Array ( [pgID] => [isPosted] => 0 [pDate] => 2015-03-24 19:20:09 [Error] => Something went wrong – Array ( [api_error_code] => 9 [message] => Sorry! We blocked this link because it may lead to spam. [code] => API_ERROR [target] => [http_status] => 429 ) )

My settings are:

Text Message Format: %TITLE%
      Image(s) to use: Auto
      URL to use: Auto

Any suggestions?

NextScripts.com
      Participant

Please see the answer in the FAQ – #2.11:

Support FAQ

Lloyd Silver
        Participant

Sorry, I’m not clear on how that relates. That’s regarding Facebook issues and not the issue I’m having. Thanks.

NextScripts.com
          Participant

Sorry, it’s 1.11, not 2.11

Please see the answer in the FAQ – #1.11:

Support FAQ

Thomas Morgan
            Participant

This happens when Pinterest detects unusual activity on your account. Reset your Pinterest password and update NextScript with the new password. This just happened to me however the PinIt share button on each post in my situation is still blocked. To fix this secondary situation with a PinIt button you’ll have to contact Pinterest directly. Suggestion is to NOT overpost to any social site so you don’t get your site blacklisted.

Thomas Morgan
              Participant

Further discussion with Pinterest in my situation and this particular error, Pinterest responded that they block links to content with too many shortened URLs such as bit.ly, goo.pl, etc. which to me is ridiculous. Shortened URLs are now common place and widely used since full URLs can get quite lengthy, particularly with WordPress. In my opinion, Pinterest shouldn’t be judging the content of a person site. I’v also had to change my Pinterest password three times now. With 20 boards in my case that means I have to change NextScript twenty times under Pinterest section (not NextScripts falt). All of this has caused the PinIt button (unrelated to NextScript) to no longer function since they now judge a site as a whole.

The following is the response I received from Pinterest on these errors….

“We block links if we think they might be spammy or unsafe. To make sure a link doesn’t get blocked:
                – Check that the link goes directly to the website, not through a URL shortener (like bit.ly) or redirector
                – Pin with our official Pin It button https://about.pinterest.com/goodies/”

Okay so in my case I have over 4,200 posts published, 2,000 pending my personal review and several created daily multiplied by say…3 to 5 shortened urls per post on average….. yeah right like anybody has time to manual review more than 20,000 shortened URLs to make sure they resolve to an actual legitimate location, though I do randomly check a few once in a while.

Furthermore, and slightly off topic, Pinterest needs to seriously move to an oAuth or API form of authorization which can easily be controlled on their end with quotas (like Google does) and also is better for security. Mind you this is not a slam on NextScript because the plugin works perfectly and well worth the Pro price.

Matt F
                Participant

This happened to me and to resolve it, I simply untick the “shorten URL” option. I got the exact error when using goo.gl (I think it is) URL shortener. Once unticked, it worked perfectly! 🙂

Jennifer M
                  Participant

I’m getting the same error – tried unticking the FORCE SHORT URL option, but still getting it.

Array ( [api_error_code] => 9 [message] => Sorry! We blocked this link because it may lead to spam. [code] => API_ERROR [target] => [http_status] => 429 )

Any ideas?

تحميل اغانى
                    Participant

What’s up,I check your new stuff named “Pinterest “Spam” – Not Published – NextScripts” regularly.Your writing style is awesome, keep doing what you’re doing! And you can look our website about تحميل اغانى.

proxy list
                      Participant

Hi there,I check your blog named “Pinterest “Spam” – Not Published – NextScripts” on a regular basis.Your story-telling style is witty, keep up the good work! And you can look our website about proxy list.

proxy list
                        Participant

Hello,I read your blogs named “Pinterest “Spam” – Not Published – NextScripts” regularly.Your writing style is awesome, keep doing what you’re doing! And you can look our website about proxy list.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.