Error 200: The user hasn't authorized the application to perform this acti

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Error 200: The user hasn't authorized the application to perform this acti

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Jani Kervinen
    Participant

Ok thanks for the info Keymaster. I’m looking forward to the update, as I can’t figure out what I need to setup in my application so that it will pass nor what elements I need to choose there etc.

NextScripts.com
      Participant

The instructions has been updated with everything you need to submit your app for the review.

Setup/Installation: Facebook – Social Networks Auto-Poster

We put there the exact words and pictures that we used to submit our own app which was approved.

Linwood
        Participant

Thank you for all of your hard work on this plugin. I have run into the problem of “not authorizing the application”, which I have. After reading through this forum post, I have updated the plugin to your approved one. I still get the same error of not being able to post to Facebook. After getting back my review, I got the following responses:

Notes from our review team
          Web
          You do not need to request these permissions because your blog or CMS is integrated with an app that you admin. As an App admin, you can already access these permissions and post to your Timeline or a page you admin. You can provide access to additional users by adding them as developers of your App.
          Unapproved
          publish_actions
          Web
          You have requested excessive permissions based on the usage explanation you provided. Please ensure the information you request is not already available in public_profile information. You can find more information here.
          Unapproved
          manage_pages
          Web
          You have requested excessive permissions based on the usage explanation you provided. Please ensure the information you request is not already available in public_profile information. You can find more information here.

The settings in the FB profile are set to public and domain names are correct. FB doesn’t give me an answer on how to make this work. I haven’t heard from NextScripts on proper settings. The instructions on the page have not changed, so following the same procedure is going to get me the same result.

Please advise on how to get this to work properly with FB. Twitter posts just fine. This is work I’m doing for a client, so a quick and concise explanation would be very helpful. Thank you…

Aaron D
          Participant

I just got my results back today, and I still get he error when trying to autopost to Facebook.

Here is a screen shot of my App page with the results of my submission.

Linwood
            Participant

Yep… same exact thing Aaron. Thanks for posting the screenshot

NextScripts.com
              Participant

Have you actually tried to connect SNAP to Facebook after this review result?

Lantern

Hi,

I have the same problem with the FB Submission –

“Results from your last submission
                  Yesterday – Click to ViewClick to Hide
                  General You do not need to request these permissions because your blog or CMS is integrated with an app that you admin. As an App admin, you can already access these permissions and post to your Timeline or a page you admin. You can provide access to additional users by adding them as developers of your App.”

and the Plugin keeps saying: [Error] => (#200) The user hasn’t authorized the application to perform this action

🙁 any suggestions?

Linwood

I can’t speak for everyone, but yes, I did connect to FB after this result. It connects and that’s when it gives the “not authorized error”………..

mark

Yup, I just got my results back from 2 separate facebook submissions, both were declined as per other users.

“Results from your last submission”

You do not need to request these permissions because your blog or CMS is integrated with an app that you admin. As an App admin, you can already access these permissions and post to your Timeline or a page you admin. You can provide access to additional users by adding them as developers of your App.”

“Nextscripts still gives error”

[Error] => (#200) The user hasn’t authorized the application to perform this action

NextScripts.com
                      Participant

We have great news.

After two weeks of making everyone crazy Facebook backed down on app review requirement. You no longer need to submit your app for review.

Everything (well almost everything) went back to way it was before Apr 30, 2014

The only new requirement from now on is that the facebook App, Facebook profile or page and the user who authorizes the app MUST belong to the same Facebook account.

Please see the Update #7 here for the complete story:
                        https://www.nextscripts.com/known-issues/facebook-issues/

SNAP for WordPress version 3.3.7 is compatible with new requirements. Please update if you have earlier version.

This issue is now closed.

PS: if you still experience the problem, just create a new app and make sure that Facebook App, Facebook profile or page and the user who authorizes the app belong to the same Facebook account

Linwood
                        Participant

YES!!! It does work now after the new update. Thank you very much for your hard work and persistence.

Makis
                          Participant

I just re-authorized my FB page on NextScripts but when I try to test post or even re-post an old blog post I get this warning.

Array ( [Warning] => [Error] => (#200) The user hasn’t authorized the application to perform this action )

Anton
                            Participant

Me too. Does anyone else have this problem in 2015? Maybe this is because of that new Facebook APIs? https://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/03/26/facebook_sdk_graph_api_updates/

NextScripts.com
                              Participant

Please update your plugin and re-authorize the Facebook.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/social-networks-auto-poster-facebook-twitter-g/changelog/

3.4.16 [03/26/2015]
                                New/Bug Fix – [Critical] Facebook API 2.3 Compatibility. Usage of API 2.3 was causing “ERROR (#200) The user hasn’t authorized the application to perform this action”

Anton
                                Participant

Thank you for the quick reaction! Works like a charm after update.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.