Error 200: The user hasn't authorized the application to perform this acti

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Error 200: The user hasn't authorized the application to perform this acti

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Aaron D
    Participant

I read your FAQ and I double checked my app settings and they are configured correctly.

If I try a test post to Facebook, I get the error “The user hasn’t authorized the application to perform this action”

I have authorized the account already. Please help.

NextScripts.com
      Participant

The answer is in the FAQ – #4.7:

Support FAQ

Another reason could be that you are trying to post to the page that you are not allowed to post to.

Aaron D
        Participant

No, I check that FAQ and my settings are correct. I mentioned that in my original question.

I am the admin/manager of the facebook page I am posting to.

Looks like the problem is here: https://www.nextscripts.com/known-issues/facebook-issues/

NextScripts.com
          Participant
            Aaron D
            Participant

SMH.

Peter Pitchford
              Participant

You can get this message if the app is not made available to the general public.

Since the UI of the facebook has changed recently, here’s the latest update for setting the sandbox mode ON/OFF :

Go to https://developers.facebook.com/

Click on the Apps menu on the top bar.

Select the respective app from the drop down.

Go to ‘Status & Review’ from the table in the left side of the page.

Do you want to make this app and all its live features available to the general public? – Select switch to set YES/NO value.

Aaron D
                Participant

That’s not the issue I’m running into. I’ve made it available long ago. SNAP has said that they need to update their software, so there’s nothing on our end to fix this at the moment.

NextScripts.com
                  Participant

If your App does not require Facebook’s approval for “publish” permissions, then it should work as it worked for the last several years.

Aaron D
                    Participant

Do you guys even read your own notes before posting stuff like that? https://www.nextscripts.com/known-issues/facebook-issues/

Aaron D
                      Participant

Where would I go to make sure the app doesn’t require Facebook’s approval?

Harry
                        Participant

It’s not about app permission but about FB API.
                          NextScripts – why can’t you just force the version 1.0 in API calls?

NextScripts.com
                          Participant

Harry, be sure it was the first thing we tried. All apps made after April 30 could not be forced to work with API 1.0. Those apps are only compatible with API 2.0.

That was “silent” update, so there is no way to check if your app is new or old. Old (API v1.0) apps did not require Facebook’s approval for “publish” permissions. New apps do require it.

Aaron D
                            Participant

So, per the update on https://www.nextscripts.com/known-issues/facebook-issues/, our best course of action is to wait a week or two and hope that Facebook approves SNAP for API 2.0?

For the record, I’m not upset with SNAP. You guys are awesome and provide a great plugin.

maddDidley
                              Participant

So, what permissions should we request for our newly created app?

NextScripts.com
                                Participant

Please see the update. Our test app submitted to Facebook for review/approval on May 2nd, 2014 was approved today. It took 5 days.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.