Setup/Installation: Flickr - Social Networks Auto-PosterHow to setup Flickr in SNAP WordPress plugin and API
Flickr uses OAuth 1.0 for authentication and authorization. You need to setup Flickr Application, connect this application to your blog and authorize it.
Please see the instructions below:
1. Create a Flickr app.
1. Login to your Flickr account.
2. Go to the Developers “App Garden”->Create new App: https://www.flickr.com/services/apps/create/apply/
3. Choose your app type. Selecting “Commercial” or “Non-Commercial” will make no technical difference. Most probably you need to choose “Non-Commercial”.
4. Fill required fields like “App Name” and “Description”, agree to terms, click “SUBMIT”
– Notice Key and Secret
Your App is ready to use.
2. Connect Flickr to your WordPress.
1. Login to your WordPress Admin Panel, Go to the Settings->Social Networks AutoPoster Options.
2. Click green “Add new account” button, select “Flickr” from the list.
3. Fill “Key” and “Secret” from step 4 above.
You can fill SET ID if you would like those images to be added to the set. Your set ID is the part of your set’s URL:
3. Authorize Flickr for your WordPress.
1. Click “Update Settings”. Notice new link “Authorize Your Flickr Account”.
2. Click “Authorize Your Flickr Account” and follow the authorization wizard. Flickr will ask you to allow access to your account.
4. Your Flickr account is ready to use.
We are getting a lot of questions about upcoming deadline for Facebook app review. People are asking what should we do. The honest answer would be: "No one has any idea". We submitted several apps for Facebook review using different ways of describing and explaining...
What happened with Facebook? Facebook made changes to it's API access policy on May 1st, 2018. As the result we introduced our own Premium API for Facebook. We feel that we need to explain how exactly those changes affected SNAP. Since the beginning Facebook native...
Instagram made some very big changes to authentication process. About 70% of our users are affected by them. Before the changes the process was quite simple: Sometimes Instagram decided that login from SNAP is "unusual" and asked for confirmation. You just had to open...
Sometimes Instagram decides that login from SNAP is "unusual" and asks for confirmation. Until yesterday, you just had to open Instagram on your phone and tap "This was me" button on "We have detected an unusual login attempt" screen. Yesterday this stopped working....
SNAP for WordPress Version 4.1 has been released. This version adds support for WPML and Polylang in filters and one new network - Messenger Line. It also eliminates the necessity to "Save" WordPress post after making changes to SNAP message format. == Changelog == =...