Plurk: Setup/Installation Social Networks Auto-Poster for WordPressHow to setup Plurk in SNAP WordPress plugin and API
Plurk uses OAuth to provide authorized access to its API. You need to create Plurk application and authorize it for your blog.
1. Create a Plurk App for your website.
1. Login to your Plurk account.
2. Go to the Developers website: https://www.plurk.com/PlurkApp/ Sign in if asked.
3. Click “Create an Plurk app” Button. Fill details, click “Register App”.
Please use your own information, don’t literally re-type “NextScripts Blog”, “NextScripts.com” and other sample info.
4. Click “Edit” button next to your new app.
– Notice App key and App secret on this page.
2. Connect Plurk to your WordPress.
1. Login to your WordPress Admin Panel, Go to the Settings->Social Networks AutoPoster Options.
2. Click “Add New Account”, select Plurk from the dropdown list.
3. Fill your Plurk URL. Fill Plurk App Key and App secret from step 1.
4. Choose default prefix and if you would like to add images.
5. Fill the “Post Text Format”. Default is: %TITLE% – %URL%
6. Click “Update Settings”.
7. Go to your new Plurk Account. Click new link “Authorize Your Plurk Account”
8. Follow the Authoriziation Wizard. Click “Yes, Grant the Permission”.
9. Wizard will return you to the SNAP Settings page. Check your new Plurk account. It should say “Your Plurk Account has been authorized. Your display name: YYYYYYYYY”.
3. Your Plurk account is ready to use.
XING has recently decided to discontinue its official free API. Today we are introducing the better alternative - new NextScripts Premium API for XING. Unlike the API from XING that was able to make posts to profiles only, NextScripts Premium API for XING can post to...
UPDATE (Jan 20, 2017). Version 3.7.11 has been released to WordPress.org plugin repository. it has all code from this beta along with some fixes. Please update your plugin. ------------- New beta version is available for download. Two most popular networks Facebook...
SNAP for Wordpress Version 3.7 has been released. This version adds support for two new networks. 1. Weibo. Biggest Chinese Microblogging Service. You can post your messages and images. 2. MailChimp. One of the most popular email marketing tools. You can send your...
Instagram Autoposting is coming to SNAP! 3 years ago we wrote an article explaining why Instagram was not supported. Instagram was accepting images only from the phones and other mobile devices and there was no way to post there from the website or API. Since then we...
Today we are announcing SNAP for WordPress Version 3.5. It will be released on Friday, March 4, 2016. This version is a result of our decision to change our release strategy. We are still working on completely new and totally re-written version 4. That version will be...