Setup/Installation: Scoop.It - Social Networks Auto-PosterHow to setup Scoop.It in SNAP WordPress plugin and API
Scoop.It uses OAuth 1.0 for authentication and authorization. You need to setup Scoop.It Application, connect this application to your blog and authorize it.
Please see the instructions below:
1. Create a Scoop.It app.
1. Login to your Scoop.It account.
2. Go to the Developers->Application Management page: https://www.scoop.it/dev/apps
3. If you already made an application you will see it’s info here, otherwise click “Create an Application” button.
4. Fill required fields “Application Name” and “Description”, agree to terms, click “Save”
– Notice Consumer Key and Consumer Secret
Your App is ready to use.
2. Connect Scoop.It to your WordPress.
1. Login to your WordPress Admin Panel, Go to the Settings->Social Networks AutoPoster Options.
2. Click green “Add new account” button, select “Scoop.It” from the list.
3. Fill “Consumer Key” and “Consumer Secret” from step 4 above. Fill “Scoopt.It Topic URL” with the last part of your Scoopt.It Topic URL.
3. Authorize Scoop.It for your WordPress.
1. Click “Update Settings”. Notice new link “Authorize Your Facebook Account”.
2. Click “Authorize Your Scoop.It Account” and follow the authorization wizard. Scoop.It will ask you to allow access to your account.
4. Your Scoop.it account is ready to use.
XING has recently decided to discontinue its official free API. Today we are introducing the better alternative - new NextScripts Premium API for XING. Unlike the API from XING that was able to make posts to profiles only, NextScripts Premium API for XING can post to...
UPDATE (Jan 20, 2017). Version 3.7.11 has been released to WordPress.org plugin repository. it has all code from this beta along with some fixes. Please update your plugin. ------------- New beta version is available for download. Two most popular networks Facebook...
SNAP for Wordpress Version 3.7 has been released. This version adds support for two new networks. 1. Weibo. Biggest Chinese Microblogging Service. You can post your messages and images. 2. MailChimp. One of the most popular email marketing tools. You can send your...
Instagram Autoposting is coming to SNAP! 3 years ago we wrote an article explaining why Instagram was not supported. Instagram was accepting images only from the phones and other mobile devices and there was no way to post there from the website or API. Since then we...
Today we are announcing SNAP for WordPress Version 3.5. It will be released on Friday, March 4, 2016. This version is a result of our decision to change our release strategy. We are still working on completely new and totally re-written version 4. That version will be...