Setup/Installation: Facebook - Social Networks Auto-PosterHow to setup Facebook in SNAP WordPress plugin and API
XING uses OAuth 1.0 for authentication and authorization. You need to setup XING Application, connect this application to your blog and authorize it.
Those instructions are only for people who already have xing apps.
Please see the instructions below:
1. Create a XING app.
1. Login to your XING account.
2. Go to the Developers->My Apps Dashboard page: https://dev.xing.com/applications/dashboard
3. If you already made an application you will see it’s info here, otherwise click “Create app” button.
4. Fill “Application Name”, click “Save”
– Notice Consumer Key and Consumer Secret
Please note. XING will give you “TEST” key. Until recently “TEST” key could’ve been used only for private posts. Right now XING says: “Each application receives a Test Consumer Key which can be used to test all of the available API calls. For security reasons the response data will be partially scrambled.“. Whatever that means, right now we don’t see any issues with posts made by SNAP with the “TEST” keys. Anyway keep that in mind and maybe try to apply for “Production Key”. Although we don’t have any success with that. Our applications were just ignored.
Your App is ready to use.
2. Connect XING to your WordPress.
1. Login to your WordPress Admin Panel, Go to the Settings->Social Networks AutoPoster Options.
2. Click green “Add new account” button, select “XING” from the list.
3. Fill “Consumer Key” and “Consumer Secret” from step 4 above.
3. Authorize XING for your WordPress.
1. Click “Update Settings”. Notice new link “Authorize Your Facebook Account”.
2. Click “Authorize Your XING Account” and follow the authorization wizard. XING will ask you to allow access to your account.
4. Your XING account is ready to use.
Support for "Google My Business" is coming this fall. Google recently made some kind of blog-a-like functionality available for local business listings. As a local business owner you can add posts, events, offers as well as products to your business listing. Although...
We are getting a lot of questions about upcoming deadline for Facebook app review. People are asking what should we do. The honest answer would be: "No one has any idea". We submitted several apps for Facebook review using different ways of describing and explaining...
What happened with Facebook? Facebook made changes to it's API access policy on May 1st, 2018. As the result we introduced our own Premium API for Facebook. We feel that we need to explain how exactly those changes affected SNAP. Since the beginning Facebook native...
Instagram made some very big changes to authentication process. About 70% of our users are affected by them. Before the changes the process was quite simple: Sometimes Instagram decided that login from SNAP is "unusual" and asked for confirmation. You just had to open...
Sometimes Instagram decides that login from SNAP is "unusual" and asks for confirmation. Until yesterday, you just had to open Instagram on your phone and tap "This was me" button on "We have detected an unusual login attempt" screen. Yesterday this stopped working....