Setup/Installation: Google+ (Google Plus) - Social Networks Auto-PosterHow to setup Google+ (Google Plus) in SNAP WordPress plugin and API
Important! Google+ don’t have a built-in API for automated posts yet. You need to get a special API library to be able to post to Google+.
SNAP can autopost to your profile, business/brand pages, collections, and communities. SNAP can also autopost to collections and communities as business/brand page.
Connect Google+ to your WordPress.
1. Login to your WordPress Admin Panel, Go to the Settings->Social Networks AutoPoster Options.
2. Click green “Add new account” button, select “Google+” from the list.
3. Fill Google+ Login and Password.
4. Click green refresh button. SNAP will establish a connection with Google+ and retrieve the list of your business/brand pages.
Select either “Profile” or one of the business/brand pages in the “Post as Field”.
5. SNAP will retrieve the list of your or your page’s collections and communities.
Select where you would like to post.
4. Click “Add Account”.
5. Your Google+ account is ready to use.
- If you choose one of the communities at the “Step 5”, plugin will retrieve the list of categories for that community. Please select one of them.
- If you would like to post to your profile, please select “Profile” in both “Post as” and “Where to post” fields.
- If you would like to post to your business/brand page, please select that page in both “Post as” and “Where to post” fields.
(Optional - use only if you are having login problems)
You can use your active session ID to connect your site to Google+
You need SNAP WordPress plugin version 4.2.7 or later.
1. Open Google account settings in the plugin.
2. Click "Use Session" to see the session fields.
How to get Session ID
We recommend you to open an "Incognito" window in your browser, login, get a session ID and close the window. Then you can open another "Incognito" window for the next account. Just please don't ever click "logout" button.
1. Login to your Google+ account in any modern Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari).
2. Open Development console. Press F12 or do a right click and select "Inspect" or "Inspect Element" from the menu.
3. Open a tab with stored page items. That tab called "Storage" in Firefox, "Application" in Chrome and "Debugger" in MS Edge.
4. Click on "Cookies", then on "https://plus.google.com/"
5. Find a cookie with the name "SID". Double click on the value and copy it.
6. Paste access_token value to the "SID Token" field in the plugin.
5. Find a cookie with the name "SSID". Double click on the value and copy it.
6. Paste userid value to the "SSID" field in the plugin.
7. Find a cookie with the name "HSID". Double click on the value and copy it.
8. Paste userid value to the "HSID" field in the plugin.
7. Save Settings, try to post.
You are done setting your SNAP Wordpress plugin.
Support for "Google My Business" is coming this fall. Google recently made some kind of blog-a-like functionality available for local business listings. As a local business owner you can add posts, events, offers as well as products to your business listing. Although...
We are getting a lot of questions about upcoming deadline for Facebook app review. People are asking what should we do. The honest answer would be: "No one has any idea". We submitted several apps for Facebook review using different ways of describing and explaining...
What happened with Facebook? Facebook made changes to it's API access policy on May 1st, 2018. As the result we introduced our own Premium API for Facebook. We feel that we need to explain how exactly those changes affected SNAP. Since the beginning Facebook native...
Instagram made some very big changes to authentication process. About 70% of our users are affected by them. Before the changes the process was quite simple: Sometimes Instagram decided that login from SNAP is "unusual" and asked for confirmation. You just had to open...
Sometimes Instagram decides that login from SNAP is "unusual" and asks for confirmation. Until yesterday, you just had to open Instagram on your phone and tap "This was me" button on "We have detected an unusual login attempt" screen. Yesterday this stopped working....