Setup/Installation: vKontakte - Social Networks Auto-Poster for WordPressHow to setup vKontakte in SNAP WordPress plugin and API
Important Note: VK API for uploading images is NOT compatible with “Always use secure connection” setting. If you choose to make “image” posts to VK please make sure this option is ‘OFF’.
1. Create an app for your website.
1. Login to your vKontakte account.
2. Go to the Developers page https://vk.com/dev. Click “Create an Application” button.
Please use your own information, don’t literally re-type “NextScripts Blog”, “NextScripts.com” and other sample info.
4. (!Important!) Please set “Application Status” to “Application on and visible to all”. “Click “Save”
2. Connect vKontakte to your WordPress.
1. Login to your WordPress Admin Panel, Go to the Settings->Social Networks AutoPoster Options.
2. Click green “Add new account” button, select “vKontakte” from the list.
3. Fill “Your vKontakte URL” with your personal vKontakte URL or your Group page URL.
4. Fill “vKontakte(VK) Application ID” from step 4 above.
3. Authorize vKontakte for your WordPress.
1. Click “Update Settings”. Notice new link “Authorize Your vKontakte Account”.
2. Click “Authorize Your vKontakte Account” and follow the authorization wizard.
3. Wizard will finish at the page with the long URL. Please copy that URL completely and past it to the “vKontakte(VK) Auth Response” field.
4. Your vKontakte account is ready to use.
We are getting a lot of questions about upcoming deadline for Facebook app review. People are asking what should we do. The honest answer would be: "No one has any idea". We submitted several apps for Facebook review using different ways of describing and explaining...
What happened with Facebook? Facebook made changes to it's API access policy on May 1st, 2018. As the result we introduced our own Premium API for Facebook. We feel that we need to explain how exactly those changes affected SNAP. Since the beginning Facebook native...
Instagram made some very big changes to authentication process. About 70% of our users are affected by them. Before the changes the process was quite simple: Sometimes Instagram decided that login from SNAP is "unusual" and asked for confirmation. You just had to open...
Sometimes Instagram decides that login from SNAP is "unusual" and asks for confirmation. Until yesterday, you just had to open Instagram on your phone and tap "This was me" button on "We have detected an unusual login attempt" screen. Yesterday this stopped working....
SNAP for WordPress Version 4.1 has been released. This version adds support for WPML and Polylang in filters and one new network - Messenger Line. It also eliminates the necessity to "Save" WordPress post after making changes to SNAP message format. == Changelog == =...