Setup/Installation: YouTube - Social Networks Auto-Poster for WordPressHow to setup YouTube in SNAP WordPress plugin and API
YouTube don’t have a built-in API for automated posts yet. You need to get a special library module to be able to publish to YouTube.
SNAP can autopost to your channel stream.
Connect YouTube to your WordPress.
1. Login to your WordPress Admin Panel, Go to the Settings->Social Networks AutoPoster Options.
2. Click green “Add new account” button, select “YouTube” from the list.
3. Fill YouTube (Google) Login and Password.
4. Fill YouTube channel URL. (URL could be with or without the /feed/ at the end – examples: https://www.youtube.com/user/nextscripts/feed/ or https://www.youtube.com/user/nextscripts/ )
5. [Optional] Google+ Page ID: Fill this only if you are posting to YouTube as your Google+ page. Please leave this empty otherwise.
3. Your YouTube is ready to use.
Question: I’ve setup my Google account, but when I click the test button I get a message “Your username/password incorrect” or “You are not authorized to publish to this page”. I am 100% sure I have correct Username and Password and I can post to that page.
Answer: Your Google Plus account might be locked for the new apps.
1. Temporary Unlock your Google account for new apps:
– Login to your Google+ account from the browser and go to the https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha
– You will see page asking you to “Allow a new application to access your account”. Click “Continue”.
– You will get a message that you have 10 minutes to connect your application.
2. Go to the WP Admin Panel->Settings->Social Networks AutoPoster. Setup your Google+ settings.
3. Click “Submit Test Post to Google+” button.
What happened? SNAP Pro is checking for API update every 6 hours. Today (May 22, 2019) around 6:30PM EST Google Cloud messed our update server for about 7 minutes. A bunch of "lucky" sites that were checking for update during those 7 minutes got their plugin cache...
Support for "Google My Business" is coming this fall. Google recently made some kind of blog-a-like functionality available for local business listings. As a local business owner you can add posts, events, offers as well as products to your business listing. Although...
We are getting a lot of questions about upcoming deadline for Facebook app review. People are asking what should we do. The honest answer would be: "No one has any idea". We submitted several apps for Facebook review using different ways of describing and explaining...
What happened with Facebook? Facebook made changes to it's API access policy on May 1st, 2018. As the result we introduced our own Premium API for Facebook. We feel that we need to explain how exactly those changes affected SNAP. Since the beginning Facebook native...
Instagram made some very big changes to authentication process. About 70% of our users are affected by them. Before the changes the process was quite simple: Sometimes Instagram decided that login from SNAP is "unusual" and asked for confirmation. You just had to open...