Will Snap Plugin EVER repost properly again?

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Will Snap Plugin EVER repost properly again?

• This topic has 12 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Mark Hampshire.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jo
    Participant

You have a great product, but for two years, you have been sitting on empty promises. All I want to know is if you are actually going to release v4 or fix v3? I’m not going to throw a tantrum … I just want to know. I refuse to pay any further on a product that has had no real development in 2 years, and now no longer works as it did when I bought it.

The tragedy is that this plugin worked really well … until you broke it and now we have to click endlessly on “Yes I accept that the developers will never fix v3 or release v4”. It is so irritating. Surely one initially click on the damn button absolves Next Scripts from any support or responsibility.

I have wasted several days, editing over 500 posts, and then deleting thousands of posts from social media (when it did a mass dump) because SNAP no longer auto posts older posts. The selecting methods are finally completely broken.

[Enabled/Disabled for Repost according to Categories/Tags/Taxonomies filters] or the other options do nothing but set everything to post or not. Even when they are set to post, they DON’T Post. I even went to the trouble to make the posts private, and then letting it add the posts, but it STILL will not autopost anything. It just says “Nothing to do” when one views the log.

So can you PLEASE tell me if I must just go find another system? I don’t want my money back; just a straight answer.

Jo

Celsius
      Participant

Everyone of us has the same question. Now the repost feature is completely broke, and there is no other that work like this. And as Jo said, the selecting methods are finally completely broken. Without selection/filter posting whats the value of using this plugin?

NextScripts.com
        Participant

V3 Re-posting of the old posts is broken for about 60% of users.

If it doesn’t work for you, please don’t use it. It is not completely removed only because there are some people who are successfully using it.

It won’t be fixed until Version 4.

Version 4 is coming very soon. You can see it’s progress here: https://www.nextscripts.com/v4/

Jo
          Participant

My issue is that it was working … until it broke a few months ago. What is insane is that I can get one category to repost, and it is reposting again now, but another category will not repost. I just get the log report that there is nothing to repost.

This is the same site, same settings, and exactly the same posts. I have not even added anything new. So somewhere along the plugin’s development, it broke.

I don’t want to sound ungrateful or complain, but this plugin of yours is/was brilliant. I write for a living so I have have different automated reposts. One lot appears to be mini tweet like quotes, as if I had done them manually, and the other are image based posts. I also have promotional messages and book adverts that WOULD be posting, but I cannot justify the time setting it up when it may, or may not work.

Why will one category repost, but not another? I stripped out ALL the settings and then moved the posts for the one category into private, and set up the media accounts again. Then I moved the public ones into private and reversed the order, and add those into the second social media accounts. Nothing. The posts available to repost are there, and it says the number, but the plugin says there is nothing to post, while the other category continues to post merrily.

Please give us some idea of when v4 will come out. Is it imminent? A few months, or are we talking about 2025? I need to make a plan. You plugin still works well from another site I use merely to post once off raw text posts to social media that are then deleted, but please … give us some idea. People will stop nagging you if they only have some idea of when it might be. If it will be a long time, I must find some other alternative plugin or service to use.

Jo

Rachel
            Participant

This is why I haven’t updated these last few updates. The last time I did, twitter was broken, fixed, had timestamp issues, which my friend fixed and until the bugs are out, I am not updating. What i don’t get it is, this is a fantastic plugin 🙂 I love it but why release various updates when they are still buggy? Do you test them on various browsers and various social media before uploading? I assume you do,.

Mark
              Participant

Jo.

Try re-installing and older version plugin https://www.nextscripts.com/files/archive/

Try ver 3.5.0/ first, it is the one i am using….

Jo
                Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, Mark. I might just do that, but I really don’t like going backwards when it comes to these things. There are often unforeseen issues that crop up (fixed with the updates). I am really looking forward to v4. I just wish someone would answer to give us a rough time estimate of how long it will be before we can use it or even beta test it.

Mark
                  Participant

I had to go back to use it. I am no programmer but I really do not know why a working version could not have been kept available until this V4 is released. I won’t lie I am having serious doubts if it ever will be. It has been 2 years now. No programmer takes this amount of time to write a plugin from scratch. I think he has promised a lot but the realty when compiling the plugin has proven more difficult tan he thought I reckon, to the point where it may not happen.

I hope I am wrong as the principle workings and options the plugin has now and in the past have been excellent and just what I personally needed..

Jo
                    Participant

Hi Mark,

I just wanted to say thanks for your suggestions and help. I’ve tried v3.5.0 and it produces errors. v3.5.1 works, but it still ignores the posts as before LOL! It knows they are there, it knows it should be reposting them, but it still says, “Eh, nothing to do here.”

Fortunately, I had saved out a previous settings file so I was able to import that in to work with the older plugin version. I’m leaving it to run a little longer to see if it wakes up.

Thanks again,

Jo

Mark Hampshire
                      Participant

Hey Jo.

Glad you got it sorted :-).

I got frustrated with waiting so I have had the plugin modified myself.

You can choose a specific date and times we have done to every 15 minutes so as not to have too much server load. Also we gave some thought to Facebook posting rules. Not sure what it is but if you were to set it to post every minute you’d soon be flagged for spamming. So we set it every 15 minutes with a maximum of 3 posts every time, so a maximum of 12 posts per hour. Say for example you want to do three posts at 18.00pm if you then try to set a fourth at the same time you can’t as the calendar option is not selectable. We have also done a date range option for posts you might want done over a longer period of time. I offer an ad for say one month. The customer does not have to worry about bumping it in Facebook to keep the ad at the top of the group page. The software does it by reposing the ad at a set time suited to the customer. It also before reposting deletes the previous post so the group does not get clogged up with the posts.

It really does work well.

Check some sample pics out….

https://imgur.com/a/VT6s9

Mark Hampshire
                        Participant

Oh i should say that at the moment this is done through the single jobs page / single ad page. It’s not customised to pick a random post. You go in to each post and set it for that particular one. 🙂

Jo
                          Participant

Hi Mark,

Well, it’s not sorted out. It’s exactly the same with the old plugin. I also decided to make use of the Instagram yearly API. Guess what? I was billed twice and it took 24 hours for someone to send a canned reply. Days later I am still out of pocket with no explanation or refund. I really wish there was an alternative. These people are going to burn their fingers with what is a wonderful plugin.

I don’t actually post very much at all. I have one account that posts either every 12 or 24 hours (one to FB and one to Twitter), and then the other (which refuses to post anything) is set to go out every 6 hours as plain raw text, Tweet style.

I’ve actually edited nearly 500 posts manually and nothing works. Only the reposts with images and hashtags (quote pictures) will repost.

I’ve just given up. If I don’t get my refund, I am going to write a scathing article about the scam. I’m losing my patience with them.

Mark Hampshire
                            Participant

Try postcron. That might be a good alternative short term solution for you. aj270303@gmail.com if you need help with it..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.