Facebook no longer working

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

When I’m using the (beta) option to login to my facebook account using the user name / password combo, I get the following error message:

FACEBOOK CONNECTION ERROR: User must verify their account on http://www.facebook.com (405)

There is no option to verify my account, respectively nothing like that appears on the page.
    Where or how do I verify my accoun?

NextScripts.com
    Keymaster

You need to login to facebook.com using your regular browser. You can probably do that from the phone as well.

Hi all,

same problem here. When I visit Facebook it says that my account is locked/suspended (Germany). I then have to acknowledge that it was me who tried to login, and then I have to set a new password. Tried it four times, it seems SNAP Pro is not able to login anymore.

Does anybody have a solution (besides session ID)?

Best regards,
      Oliver

NextScripts
      Keymaster

This is answered in the FAQ: https://www.nextscripts.com/faq/#privacy-security

Question:
        I got email from Google (LinkedIn, Facebook) saying “Your account was accessed from some remote location”, was that you?

Answer:
        All our scripts are installed on your server and your server makes posts to your networks directly. When you make a post your server logins to your account on your behalf and makes a post. The location in the email that your account was accessed from is a location of your server.

Please confirm that it was you. It might take several times and then Facebook will stop asking.

Alternatively please try to use session instead of username password or vise versa.

Does anybody have a solution (besides session ID)?

Session is a solution for issues with username/password login.

How many times is “several times” before Facebook stops locking me out when I try to connect via the Premium API? I am trying to set this up for a client and I just got locked out the second time. Can I expect one or two more times or 10? Or is there no magic number?

info@websoup.it
        Participant

Same problem here, now also using Session id. Account continue to be temporarily locked by Facebook.

MaFt
          Blocked

Same problem here, now also using Session id. Account continue to be temporarily locked by Facebook.

Is that ‘due to suspicious activity’ and requires you to change the password? I’ve had that 2 times this week using the PHP API (v4.4.16 as there’s still no update for that version). It’s meant I’ve had to re setup a lot of scripts that needed the session variable…

Ascension Energies
            Participant

For the past week, several times now, each time I create an Auto Post, facebook takes me through a security (due to suspicious activity) questionaire and makes me change my password. How can we resolve this issue?

MaFt
              Blocked

Those with this issue are you using the WordPress plugin or the PHP Pro API?

I’m wondering if it’s to du with the fact that the Pro API hasn’t been updated for a few months (like the Instagram issues we’re having).

MaFt
                Blocked

I had a reply to my ticket that suggested using the xs value from m.facebook.com

My 3 days are up and I was locked out again for ‘suspicious activity’ so I have set it up again now using m.facebook.com – will see if I get more than 3 days this time!

bwyderko
                  Participant

I just wanted to chime in here…I’m having the same problem with Facebook locking my accounts and requiring password changes. Now I also can’t add any new accounts using the Session method. As soon as I enter the c_user and xs info into SNAP, Facebook immediately logs me out and ends the session.

I tried the trick with doing it from m.facebook.com. It worked with one account, but then it stopped working too.

I sent a support request a little while ago – we’ll see if anyone replies.

jessem
                    Participant

We have been having the same problem too. Very frustrating! Perhaps facebook changed a security setting. We are using the paid API so hopefully someone from Next Script will reply soon.

bwyderko
                      Participant

@paypal@cinema5d.com We’re using the WordPress Plugin version 4.3.8 with the API version 4.4.40…the API was just recently updated so I’m guessing that’s what they meant.

@jessem Have you tried turning on two-factor authentication then setting up an App Password in Facebook? That has worked for us in the past.

In reply to my support ticket they said:
                        “Apparently Facebook again has changed the technology of work. We are working on finding a more stable method as soon as possible. Please follow the plugin updates. We apologize for the inconvenience.”

That’s good enough for me (for now). Fingers crossed that we’ll get an update soon though!

jessem
                        Participant

That’s good they finally admitted that something is wrong!

jessem
                          Participant

I will test the app password method and see if it works. Thanks for the tip!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.