Facebook no longer working

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    bwyderko
    Participant

It’s on the personal account: Settings > Security and Login > App passwords.

jessem
      Participant

Just an update on the app password method. It will work for one post, but then it disconnects and you have to update it through the setting to get it to reconnect. So, it’s not a reliable alternative. 🙁

kim
        Participant

We are having the same problem. Every time we go through the process of reconnecting any accounts via ANY method with SNAP, we are locked out again within a day and required to change our passwords.

jan@leysmedia.com
          Participant

Same issue here. Hope it will get fixed soon

This is the answer I received today.

Please see the answer in the FAQ – #2.24:

Support FAQ

Hundreds of people are using our APi and only about 1% of them are getting this issue. Usually it gets resolved in several days.

Ludwig Van Normainen

bwyderko
            Participant

Some of our accounts aren’t being locked out anymore, but others still are. We have a LOT of accounts connected via SNAP and only a handful are still having a problem. We’ve had about 6 locked out in the last couple days, but it’s better than it was before. Things do seem like they’re improving, but it’s not 100% fixed for us yet.

They just released a new WP plugin on Friday (the 23rd) so I’m assuming that has something to do with the improvement for us.

StacyLynn624
              Participant

I have been getting the Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user changed their password or Facebook has changed the session for security reasons error for over a month and I can’t fix it. I’ve submitted a ticket.

I’ve reauthorized facebook several times as the FAQ says to, and it doesn’t work. Submitting a test post or trying to use the plug in after reauthorizing facebook gives me the exact same error.

I’ve checked with Facebook Developer to make sure I have the correct authorization (manage_pages & publish_pages) and I do.

I had an error in the Spring that required cPanel fixes, which I hired out and got fixed. The plugin worked for a few months until this error started over the Summer.

What am I supposed to do?

bwyderko
                Participant

We get that error on some accounts when we use the username/password method to connect. Once it happens with an account we have to switch to the session method, the username/password method will never work again (at least it hasn’t for us in the last 6 months or so).

It’s worth noting that this isn’t a problem with SNAP – it happens with other APIs as well. It’s something going on with Facebook. IMHO Facebook is intentionally making it harder to connect via unofficial APIs and developers (like SNAP) are having to rush to catch up with the changes Facebook makes.

I gave up on waiting, and went back to my own keys and secret I created a long time ago and have not had a problem since. Too risky for my clients to keep getting logged out, until I find a viable alternative or decide to keep using my own which isn’t a problem.

MaFt
                  Blocked

I gave up on waiting, and went back to my own keys and secret I created a long time ago and have not had a problem since. Too risky for my clients to keep getting logged out, until I find a viable alternative or decide to keep using my own which isn’t a problem.

I have to ask….: If you already have an approved app that allows you to post using the official API from Facebook then why would yo ube using the unofficial NextScripts beta API?!

I have to ask….: If you already have an approved app that allows you to post using the official API from Facebook then why would yo ube using the unofficial NextScripts beta API?!

To be honest, I got a little spooked with all of the changes Facebook was making at the time, and I have been using the paid plan for Google Biz anyway, so I used them because I thought for sure they would be on top of any changes before me.

I have the same issue that everybody here. I’m re-creating again and again the session in my accounts in SNAP and changing my FB password. But this is enough. I paid the API and seems there is still no news or fix… I’m wondering what I should do in the meantime or if I should stop using SNAP… What did you do guys?
                    Thanks for your help.

jan@leysmedia.com
                    Participant

It worked for a couple of weeks for me but a few days ago it started failing again 8(

What I am going to try if this doesn’t stop is to create a facebook account that is used exclusively for posting. I tried this already but I need a phone number to verify the account so I need to get that sorted first.

From facebooks view it is kinda fishy to first see some activity in Belgium (in my case …) and then a second later see activity in Amsterdam. (where my servers are located)

Is this working for anyone yet, consistently?

Max kaufman
                      Participant

Is this working for anyone yet, consistently?

It gave me headache for the first two weeks, then started working and works like a charm since then. It’s been 4 months. Not even sure why I am still subscribed to this thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.