Getting twitter error posting to Facebook

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Getting twitter error posting to Facebook

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

I am getting the error referred to in troubleshooting FAQ 4.17. Facebook IS linked to Twitter but SNAP is not set to autopost to Twitter. I was not getting this error last week. Using plugin version 2.7.18.

NextScripts.com
      Participant

If you are getting this error then you are autoposting it twice.

Dave
        Participant

It didn’t autopost. I got this message trying to repost, which also didn’t post.

NextScripts.com
          Participant

This message means that Facebook thinks that you already posted it to Twitter. We can’t know why Facebook thinks that.

Dave
            Participant

I temporarily shut off Facebook autoposting to twitter, and was able to repost from WordPress to Facebook. The FAQ answer, however, suggests that I shouldn’t have to do this as long as I am not using SNAP to autopost to twitter.

Dave
              Participant

Nothing was posted on twitter either.

Dave
                Participant

Is this just me, or can anybody duplicate this? Set up is SNAP is posting to Facebook, and Facebook is posting to Twitter. SNAP is NOT setup to post to Twitter. Plugin version is 2.7.18. Tried update to 2.7.20, but that had other issues chronicled in another post in this forum.

Does not autopost or repost to Facebook and error log shows:
                  Array ( [pgID] => [isPosted] => 0 [pDate] => 2013-09-19 16:13:42 [Error] => [ERROR] (#100) The status you are trying to publish is a duplicate of, or too similar to, one that we recently posted to Twitter
                  )

Nothing shows up on either Facebook or Twitter. Troubleshooting FAQ entry about this (4.17 Question) says that:
                  “You need to either unlink your Facebook from Twitter or disable Twitter auto-posting from our plugin.”

Twitter auto-posting is NOT enabled in your plugin on my site, so if something has changed, at the very least the FAQ entry should be updated to reflect this.

But more problematical is that, if this can not be fixed, then your plugin is unable to post to Facebook if Facebook->Twitter link is enabled on Facebook. As it might be the case that one would want this link enabled on Facebook (to handle auto-posting of things other than posts coming from WordPress), effectively your plugin becomes of no use in this scenario.

Thanks for looking into this.

NextScripts.com
                  Participant

It really doesn’t matter if Twitter auto-posting is enabled or not. This error has no relation to our plugin at all.

For some reason Facebook thinks that you already posted this message to Twitter. We can’t know why Facebook thinks that.

You need to contact them if you are sure that your Twitter account does not have this message already.

Zee
                    Participant

What is the point of SNAP if it can’t auto-repost a previous post? Isn’t one of the features of the plugin? So no, it’s not just the problem of the social media provider, but also of the plugin being advertised as such.

NextScripts.com
                      Participant

Zee.

SNAP IS NOT a BLACK HAT tool that could be used to bypass the rules of any social network. We never said otherwise and this is the first thing in our FAQ.

Please don’t mess legal re-posting which our plugin does fine and SPAM. Our plugin IS NOT A SPAMMING tool.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.