importing comments not happening wiht latest version of snap

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums importing comments not happening wiht latest version of snap

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Alawami
    Participant

Hello. I notice that the comments that people are posting to twitter and facebook regarding my blog posts are not importing, yet the log shows it found some.
      I’m using wordpress 3.5.1 and the twentytwelve theme. I have tried deactivating all plugins and reconfiguring my accounts with no joy. The auto posting works fine. Here is a link to the log. Hope that helps someone

Sarah Alawami
      Participant

I forgot to add, I already checked my comments section in wordpress and they don’t appear in any of the sections, not even spam. That was the first thing I checked when I noticed this was not happening.

Eddie
        Participant

same here as well

Sarah Alawami
          Participant

Ah Ok. So I’m not alone. I notice that someone else on the wordpress forums has the same problem. I’d like to know what’s up and how to fix it. Is anyone else having this issue? Tha’ts the only thing that’s broken at least for me. lol!

Sarah Alawami
            Participant

Ok. I think I figured it out. there’s some check boxes in the twitter and facebook config settings once you click import under the main settings area. Try that and see if it works. If this does I’ll post an entry in the wordpress forums under the thread I created. Good luck.

mcdewey
              Participant

I am having the same problem. Using SNAP version 2.7.15
                I am using Disqus to manage my comments. Disqus sees the comments from FB being imported but gets an error during the import.
                Missing thread permalink or identifier {“post”: {“author_email”: “XXXX7377853@facebook.com”, “author_name”: “XXXX”, “original_id”: “192”, “author_url”: “https://www.facebook.com/XXXX”, “date”: “2013-06-23T01:38:55UTC”, “is_linkback”: false, “message”: “I really enjoy your photography.”, “ip_address”: “255.255.255.255”, “approved”: true, “metadata”: “wp_id=192”}, “thread”: {“date”: null, “link_url”: null, “link_metadata”: “”, “closed”: true, “title”: null}}

This looks the same as a bug that was marked fixed in SNAP 2.7.8
                Bug Fix – Disqus comments import – missing thread ID.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

macmonkeymark
                Participant

Same problem here – ticket raised.

Bernike
                  Participant

Same problem here. Was working perfectly before most recent update.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.