Plugin Not Posting To Facebook

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Plugin Not Posting To Facebook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Kadish
    Participant

I know recently there was an issue where the Facebook App got all wonky. I re-authorized my app and now I’m not getting any errors when I try to post with the plugin. However, the posts I make don’t show up on my Facebook profile, page, or groups.

I went through the FAQ and couldn’t find any instruction on how to fix this issue. The one response that was there concerning Facebook posts not appearing did not offer any help, since I have the new developer interface on Facebook and the instructions as to adding/changing permissions on that aren’t clear.

Has anyone else had this issue? And if so, what did you do to fix it?

NextScripts.com
      Participant

What exactly do you mean “Posts don’t show up on my Facebook profile, page, or groups.”. If you click a link to the post what happened?

Matthew Kadish
        Participant

I mean the plugin says its posted, but nothing appears in the streams on any of the pages, profiles, or groups I’ve selected. I have everything set up properly, but the posts in Facebook do not appear at all.

Dustin
          Participant

I am having this same issue, but a tad different. Running 3 sites on 1 host, and trying to push each to their FB page. The main site posts fine, yet the other 2 do not. We purchased the full version to support and hopefully solve this issue, but alas they are still not posting to the other 2 FB pages. Completely deleted/re-setup all free versions and FB apps just in case, yet still no luck.

The really weird thing is I can see each individual test post across all 3 pages from the computer I post them from, yet no other device can see them (verified not a browser cache issue).

Matthew Kadish
            Participant

At least you can see something. Mine don’t appear at all. Here’s the message I get when I perform a test post:

https://graph.facebook.com/91262265196/feed
              OK – Message Posted, please see your Facebook – Matthew Kadish (Personal) Page. Your post has been successfully sent to FaceBook.

But when I go to the actual page to view the post, it is not there. I check my activity log and find nothing. I am incredibly frustrated as I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix this issue, and would very much like some support or guidance concerning it. Out of all the sites I bought this plugin for, Facebook was the primary one, and it’s been 3 weeks since I’ve bought this thing and it hasn’t worked right with Facebook since day one.

Allen Freeman
              Participant

Similar issue here as well, but also applies to Twitter. When I post the original story, no post is made to either service. But if I ‘REPOST’ the stories to both FB and Twitter, the post appears…

NextScripts.com
                Participant

Matthew Kadish

1. Go to any existing post.
                  2. Click “Repost” button next to Facebook account.
                  3. Refresh page.
                  4. You should see the “Posted on…” link
                  5. Click it, it will get you to the Facebook post.

SC

All others. Your problems are different, please don’t hijack topics. Either check the answer is in the FAQ – #4.5: https://www.nextscripts.com/support-faq/#q45 or check the Log/History for errors and start your own topics.

Matthew Kadish
                  Participant

Thanks for the response. That seems to actually work. However, I’m now running into an issue with my personal Facebook profile where I’m getting this message:

Reported Error: The global ID 520284179 is not allowed. Please use the application specific ID instead.

I’m confused by this, as I’m using the profile ID associated with my personal Facebook profile, yet I’m being told the plugin can’t authorize it. However, the issues with the pages and groups are now gone.

Matthew Kadish
                    Participant

So the issues with posting to my Pages and Groups are now fixed. The plugin is finally working great for that. However, my personal profile still is not working. Could I get an answer to this issue? This is the error message I receive:

Reported Error: The global ID 520284179 is not allowed. Please use the application specific ID instead.

NextScripts.com
                      Participant

What is 520284179 and where exactly you entered it?

Matthew Kadish
                        Participant

520284179 is the profile ID for my personal Facebook profile. I entered it into the Facebook URL field as: https://www.facebook.com/520284179. It should work because it’s the correct ID. You can see the details here:

https://graph.facebook.com/520284179

However, it isn’t working. I keep getting that same error when I try and validate it.

NextScripts.com
                          Participant

Have you tried to do what they suggest and use https://www.facebook.com/mattkadish instead?

Kevin, are you really getting “The global ID XXXXXXXXXXXX is not allowed.” error? If not then your problem is not the same. Please create your own topic.

Matthew Kadish
                            Participant

I had tried that, and it didn’t work. But I went back anyway because of your post to make sure, and when I reauthorized the account, new info showed up detailing a user ID and the test post worked! I don’t know what was going on before because I had tried everything, but it seems to be fixed now. Thank you very much!

BasBous
                              Participant

Hello,
                                I’m having the same problem like Dustin !
                                but the only time it goes thru is when i go browes the website( wordpress) the second one
                                my main one is working fine
                                Is that from the Snap or WP ?
                                and im using the free version
                                is it the same with the pro.v ?

NextScripts.com
                                Participant

Again, if you are not getting the same error as “Matthew Kadish” please tart your own topic.

When you do that please tell us – are you getting any errors?
                                  Please check your Log/History tab and let me know if you have any errors there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.