- December 19, 2016 at 9:10 pm #527456HilParticipant
When I post to flipbaord, some posts have images while others do not, even though the original post has a image.
How can I always get the image to show up on the flipboard post.
I currently use: %URL% – %TAGS% – %RAWEXCERPT%
I have tried %IMG% – %URL% – %TAGS% – %RAWEXCERPT% but posts the image URL as is
I even tried img src=’%IMG%’/> .. but no luck
Any ideas what format will work
HilDecember 21, 2016 at 11:19 am #527806NextScripts.comParticipant
The answer is here https://www.nextscripts.com/snap-features/how-snap-sets-images/December 22, 2016 at 8:11 am #527952HilParticipant
All initial posts have an Preferred Image. Several times the images do not appear on flipboard
It looks terrible on Flipboard when posts are done with no images as Flipboard is primarily a site for images.
Can you please take a look at the plugin itself and try to get the images to show up everytime.
ThanksDecember 24, 2016 at 9:07 am #528254HilParticipant
.. or how about this. what html code in the wordpress post is the plugin looking for in determining if a featured image is present or not?June 1, 2019 at 3:04 pm #firstname.lastname@example.orgParticipant
I have gone through https://www.nextscripts.com/snap-features/how-snap-sets-images/ although it does not apply here. I have done test posts with no featured image and send them to Flipboard and the post and image show correctly on Flipboard.
I did some extensive testing over the last few days to get to the bottom of the problem and checked the flipboard profiles of others users and see the same thing happening.
From all my testing I can conclude that:
1) if the post is similar (in content) to another post on Flipboard, then Flipboard will not show the image
2) If you send a post to flipboard , which already exists on flipboard, then the second post will not show up
3) On a row (on flipboard) if one post is bad, then no images will show on other posts on the same row, even if the other posts have good images. This behavior is seen provided you are logged into flipboard.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.