Posts to Facebook "total reach" is always 0

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Posts to Facebook "total reach" is always 0

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    TJ
    Participant

Hello,

My auto-posts to facebook always show “0” reach, even though people have liked and commented on them. I saw the FAQ, but my Facebook App does not have a sandbox setting.

The posts are set to public, and I can see them from other accounts and even without being logged in.

Thanks for any input!

Jeff Hebert
      Participant

I have almost the same problem, the reach is always either 1 or 2. The app is set to live and available to all users, and the posts show as “public” on the page.

Kyle McHenry
        Participant

We’ve noticed the same thing where post from SNAP always have a reach of < 10 but if we post a link manually it’s in the hundreds.

Jeff Hebert
          Participant

Just as a further update, I was briefly using the “Publicize” plugin (part of JetPack) and auto-posted links there regularly got a reach of 200-300. Manually posted stuff gets more than that.

It almost looks like it’s only reaching people who are subscribed to the app itself in Facebook, if that’s even possible.

NextScripts.com
            Participant

The answer is in the FAQ – #4.5:

Support FAQ

Jeff Hebert
              Participant

As I said earlier, the app is live and not in sandbox mode. https://i.imgur.com/dSmtu1K.png

That’s the first thing I checked.

NextScripts.com
                Participant

If you are sure that app is live and not ins the sandbox mode and posts made by this app are still getting o views, then your app is corrupted.

Please try to delete the app and create a new one. Do not change any default settings. It will work.

We have hundreds of thousands of users of our plugin and I can assure you – posts made by the plugin are getting exactly the same number of views as manually created posts. Otherwise nobody would’ve used it.

Jeff Hebert
                  Participant

I deleted the old app and set up a new one. Still the auto posts were getting a reach between 1-8. I have given up on SNAP and have returned to JetPack’s Publicize plugin, which has started working with WordFence since the last time I gave it a go.

Thank you for trying to help and good luck in the future.

Riaz
                    Participant

ALL my posts made using your SNAP plugin posted to my facebook page get 0 reach. manual posts always get over 200 reach.

why is this?

Steve
                      Participant

Uhh, there is no “4.5” in the FAQ. I posted using the plugin yesterday, and there is “1 person reached”. It also says it was posted by “Auto Post (NextScripts)”. Why? How to fix?

NextScripts.com
                        Participant

It’s now #2.3 in the updated FAQ.

Please see the answer in the FAQ – #2.3:

Support FAQ

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.