Using twitter hashtags

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Using twitter hashtags

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

I know with SNAP that I can use %HTAGS% in the twitter format setup to turn the tags into twitter hashtags.

Here’s the challenge…

I already use the wordpress tags as keywords (used for keywords metatag and other places), and usually have my authors enter 3 to as many as 6 of them.

I don’t want there to be that many hashtags for twitter, and some of those tags would not be appropriate anyway.

Is there a way I can set up either a custom wordpress field where I can have authors (who don’t normally have access to the SNAP settings) enter one or two twitter hashtags and have SNAP use them?

Or… have certain tags marked with the # and set SNAP to only use those tags as hashtags… so that wordpress tags could be “alphabet,soup,cambells,food,#alphabetsoup” and SNAP would only use #alphabetsoup as the twitter hashtag?

Or other ideas to solve this?

Thanks,

Chris

NextScripts.com
      Participant

Sure you can do this.

%CF-CustomFieldName% – Inserts the contents of the custom field with the specified name. (example: if your price is stored in the custom field “PRDPRICE” you will to use %CF-PRDPRICE% tag)

Chris
        Participant

Wow – awesome! Thank you so much!

Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The topic ‘Using twitter hashtags’ is closed to new replies.