Version 3.5.5 – “New Button Type” ruined my Web Marketing

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Version 3.5.5 – “New Button Type” ruined my Web Marketing

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years ago by Eam.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eam
    Participant

Hello there, SNAP is a great plugin, and I am glad that I bought the pro version. It works perfectly for my marketing needs until version 3.5.5

I am really sorry to say, version 3.5.5 totally ruined my website marketing. As Auto Reposting does not always work in SNAP correctly, I have to use iMacros (an addon that automate web browser) in Google Chrome to share my post, pages, and products from the editing mode. Until 3.5.4, the combination of SNAP and imacros works perfectly for my daily marketing, however in 3.5.5 you have change the button to “Post to Facebook” or “Post to twitter”, before it was “Repost to Facebook” or “Repost to Twitter”. iMacros is unable to find the new button attribute.

The previous button attribute was –
      TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=ID:post ATTR=ID:rePostToFB_button

The new button attributes has ATTR=NAME:fb-49231, where 49231 is the page/post id.
      TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=ID:post ATTR=NAME:fb-49231

This new button attribute is unrecognizable.

I would love to use the built-in Auto Reposting feature of SNAP, but it seems we have to wait for it until version 4, which is OK for me. As I can understand it needs time to make it perfect. But is it possible for you to go back to the previous button type. If not can you give me a CSS or function code snippet which can make the post button as like version 3.5.4 or earlier.

Eam
      Participant

I think line 314 on /inc-cl/fb.php is the difference between two version, especially this
        “<?php $ntName = $this->ntInfo[‘name’]; ?>”
        However, you know the best.

NextScripts.com
        Participant

Interesting. We will think of adding some unique attribute to those buttons in the next release.

Eam
          Participant

Thanks a lot. I will be waiting for that update. I am moving back to 3.5.4 until then.

Eam
            Participant

Lately Facebook has disabling the post capability of from facebook app, when I using it from imacros + SNAPS….I have to make new app and again they disabled it after few hours. So, at this point I must say this is not a safe method for marketing. If they disable/block the facebook account it would be really worst. I am updating to 3.5.5.. Thank

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.