Reply To: SNAP Double, Triple and Quadruple Auto-Posting to Social Networks

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums SNAP Double, Triple and Quadruple Auto-Posting to Social Networks Reply To: SNAP Double, Triple and Quadruple Auto-Posting to Social Networks

Well, as it turns out, my solution was a lot simpler.

I have never set up WP-Cron in my SNAP setup, because I don’t know how to set up a cron job on Mac OSX using launchd and creating a plist file. I have researched it online, but I still don’t know how to do it. If you could create a Mac OS X tutorial which explains all of it step-by-step, that would be great. Your WP-Cron page only has setup instructions for other platforms which use C-Panel, but not Mac OS X.

In fact, I even went to EasyCron and set up a cron job. But then I noticed that it is only a 7-day free trial, and after that, it is big money. 🙂

Anyway, when I went to the settings page in SNAP, I was surprised to discover that it was set to “Use WP Cron to Schedule autoposts”. I found this odd, because I have always had it set to “Publish Immediately”, because I don’t know how to create a cron job. I am wondering if one of your recent automatic API updates switched it over for some reason.

Well, the minute I switched back to “Publish Immediately”, all of my duplicate autoposts stopped. Yes, it takes a minute or two to autopost to eight social networks, but at least now I am not wasting so much time removing 2-4 duplicates for each post that I make, and I usually make 10-20 posts per day per social network.