SNAP Double, Triple and Quadruple Auto-Posting to Social Networks

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums SNAP Double, Triple and Quadruple Auto-Posting to Social Networks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I use SNAP to auto-post to eight social networks.

I don’t know what is going on, but for the past several weeks — possibly since I upgraded to the annual “All in One” subscription for the premium API — SNAP has been double, triple and even quadruple auto-posting to my social networks, so that I have to log in to each of my social networks with my web browser and delete all of the extra copies from each site. It is time-consuming to have to do this.

I just noticed on the plugin’s internal help/support page that the API has been automatically updated to 4.3.9. Does this update fix the aforementioned problem?

Thanks for your hard work.

The same problem occurred to me as well.
    Any idea how to fix it?

Cheers

Well, it is still happening on my end, and Ludwig hasn’t responded here or via email, so at this point, I don’t know.

Allmoddedapk
    Participant

The same Problem is happening to me.. anyone has the solution? please help
      My site link : Allmoddedapk

Well, that is at least three of us now who are experiencing this, so even though he hasn’t responded yet, hopefully, Ludwig is aware of this issue, and is already working on it behind the scenes. He has been pretty good with support over the years.

The same problem here. Yesterday I lost over 1000 Instagram followers because the same post was being shared every 3 minutes, all night. The following morning I had to spend over an hour to delete all the duplicate posts.

I am not sure if the plugin author is interested in replying to any of the problems, never mind fixing them.

This used to be a really good plugin but I cannot rely on it any more. I am currently looking for alternatives.

NextScripts.com
      Keymaster

In 99% cases the reason for Double, Triple and Quadruple posts is broken/overwhelemed WP cron.

Do you have WP Cron setup correctly?

WP-Cron: Scheduling Tasks in WordPress

Please go to the Log/History page and check only “All Cron Events” checkbox.

You should see ONLY crons executed from WGET or Mozilla every one or two minutes. If you see nothing at all, calls from “WordPress/4.x.x” or calls made at irregular time intervals, your cron is not set correctly.

Please set it it correctly and you will not be experiencing this problem.

Well, as it turns out, my solution was a lot simpler.

I have never set up WP-Cron in my SNAP setup, because I don’t know how to set up a cron job on Mac OSX using launchd and creating a plist file. I have researched it online, but I still don’t know how to do it. If you could create a Mac OS X tutorial which explains all of it step-by-step, that would be great. Your WP-Cron page only has setup instructions for other platforms which use C-Panel, but not Mac OS X.

In fact, I even went to EasyCron and set up a cron job. But then I noticed that it is only a 7-day free trial, and after that, it is big money. 🙂

Anyway, when I went to the settings page in SNAP, I was surprised to discover that it was set to “Use WP Cron to Schedule autoposts”. I found this odd, because I have always had it set to “Publish Immediately”, because I don’t know how to create a cron job. I am wondering if one of your recent automatic API updates switched it over for some reason.

Well, the minute I switched back to “Publish Immediately”, all of my duplicate autoposts stopped. Yes, it takes a minute or two to autopost to eight social networks, but at least now I am not wasting so much time removing 2-4 duplicates for each post that I make, and I usually make 10-20 posts per day per social network.

“Please go to the Log/History page and check only “All Cron Events” checkbox.

You should see ONLY crons executed from WGET or Mozilla every one or two minutes. If you see nothing at all, calls from “WordPress/4.x.x” or calls made at irregular time intervals, your cron is not set correctly.”

Well, according to what you are saying, I checked and everything seems to be setup correctly. Yet, some posts are shared again and again, see my reply above.

Also, don’t you think that you are asking people for far too much? You seem to forget that not everyone is capable to make all these setups and not everyone has IT knowledge.

George
        Participant

Same issue here, keeps auto posting same posts (the oldest) again and again on Blogspot, while ignoring the other social networks (which is a good thing in this situation :))

Same issue here, keeps auto posting same posts (the oldest) again and again on Blogspot, while ignoring the other social networks (which is a good thing in this situation :))

George, are you using the “Publish Immediately” option, or the “Use WP Cron to Schedule autoposts” option. As was explained a number of weeks ago, if your WP Cron is broken, you will get multiple posts like that.

Since I first began using SNAP Pro, I have always used the “Publish Immediately” option, and it has worked just fine for me. However, a few weeks ago, possibly due to a SNAP upgrade, my settings were switched from “Publish Immediately” to “Use WP Cron to Schedule autoposts” without my knowledge. As a result, I too was experiencing multiple posts — as many as four reposts per post — across eight different social networks. It was a real nightmare — and very time-consuming — to clean up the mess each time that I posted.

But then I learned that this was due to a broken WP Cron. I had never set up WP Cron, so it was not configured properly, thus resulting in the many duplicate posts. Well, I set it back to “Publish Immediately”, and all was well again. That is, no more duplicate posts.

However, I really wanted to do things the right way, so after a lot of frustration, and buying a Macintosh app called “LaunchControl” to create launchd plists — or cron jobs — I figured out how to properly set up “Use WP Cron to Schedule autoposts”. It has been working fine ever since.

menno@lives.nl
          Participant

I disabled WP-Cron with functions.php and created cronjobs at the hosting panel. No problems at all.

I disabled WP-Cron with functions.php and created cronjobs at the hosting panel. No problems at all.

I did the same but the problem remained. In my case, a post was reshared over and over again, every few minutes and would not stop sharing until I manually stopped it.

Also, you need to remember that if you disable WP-Cron with functions.php, you will badly affect other website functions that rely on WP-Cron.

Overall, this is not a solution. The plugin author should make sure that none of this is needed. We need to remember that not all wordpress users have the skills to do what is asked by the plugin. And, more to the point, the author does not really seem to care as he does not even reply to his own forum posts or even any submitted tickets. I am currently searching for a different plugin.

Whatever works, but according to Ludwig — the developer — that is not the correct way to disable WP Cron. What you are supposed to do according to his online instructions, is add the following to the “wp-config.php” file:

//Disable internal Wp-Cron function
            define(‘DISABLE_WP_CRON’, true);

Please refer to the link further back in this thread called “WP-Cron: Scheduling Tasks in WordPress” for more details.

I also set up my own cron job, but I had to do it differently on a Mac. But as with you, it is now working great.

The plugin author should make sure that none of this is needed. We need to remember that not all wordpress users have the skills to do what is asked by the plugin. And, more to the point, the author does not really seem to care as he does not even reply to his own forum posts or even any submitted tickets. I am currently searching for a different plugin.

While you can search for another plugin if you like, I can tell you from conducting my own search not too long ago, that while there are a few similar plugins, none of them are as fully developed as SNAP Pro, when it comes to functionality. SNAP Pro beats them all by a pretty big margin.

I agree that sometimes it can be difficult and frustrating to set up certain things in SNAP Pro, particularly when one does not have a lot of experience in such things. And, yes, in certain cases, the SNAP Pro documentation is not always clear, and is lacking. However, let me also say this. I am in my mid-sixties, and I really struggled with setting up some things. However, I persevered, asked questions, and researched, and I have managed to get eight social networks working smoothly with SNAP Pro. So, it can be done if one tries hard enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.