Reply To: SNAP Double, Triple and Quadruple Auto-Posting to Social Networks

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums SNAP Double, Triple and Quadruple Auto-Posting to Social Networks Reply To: SNAP Double, Triple and Quadruple Auto-Posting to Social Networks

Same issue here, keeps auto posting same posts (the oldest) again and again on Blogspot, while ignoring the other social networks (which is a good thing in this situation :))

George, are you using the “Publish Immediately” option, or the “Use WP Cron to Schedule autoposts” option. As was explained a number of weeks ago, if your WP Cron is broken, you will get multiple posts like that.

Since I first began using SNAP Pro, I have always used the “Publish Immediately” option, and it has worked just fine for me. However, a few weeks ago, possibly due to a SNAP upgrade, my settings were switched from “Publish Immediately” to “Use WP Cron to Schedule autoposts” without my knowledge. As a result, I too was experiencing multiple posts — as many as four reposts per post — across eight different social networks. It was a real nightmare — and very time-consuming — to clean up the mess each time that I posted.

But then I learned that this was due to a broken WP Cron. I had never set up WP Cron, so it was not configured properly, thus resulting in the many duplicate posts. Well, I set it back to “Publish Immediately”, and all was well again. That is, no more duplicate posts.

However, I really wanted to do things the right way, so after a lot of frustration, and buying a Macintosh app called “LaunchControl” to create launchd plists — or cron jobs — I figured out how to properly set up “Use WP Cron to Schedule autoposts”. It has been working fine ever since.