App review in Facebook is impossible…

Forums NextScripts API Forums – Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.. App review in Facebook is impossible…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    thomas
    Participant

Hi,

I deleted my years old app in Facebook which I used to autopublish via several plugins at my blog.

I deleted this old app today in a really, stupid, stupid manner as I thought I restart with a new app since I missed the point, that Facebook implemented a review process.

So I tried to make my simple website app ready for review, but I could never finish it.

I followed your instructions in help, but they seem outdated, because Facebook wanted much more required fields, like a platform (which I chose website) and therefore they required screenshots of my page using their Facebook login.

I have only two words for this to Facebook: FUCK YOU!

But I even did that, and came to a point where they wanted my phone number to send me a confirmation code. I entered my number and did not get a code for 2 hours.

I am done with it and Facebook. Just wanted to mention it!

Thank you and good bye!

thomas
      Participant

I was wrong… forget about this rant… best delete it. 🙁

Your process still works and I did not receive the confirmation code because of my mobile provider.

NextScripts.com
        Participant

Most probably you were looking at the outdated instructions page.

The new one is here: https://www.nextscripts.com/instructions/facebook-social-networks-auto-poster-setup-installation/

It has been updated to include this complicated review process and even supplies you with all necessary screenshots and texts you need to enter.

thomas
          Participant

General
            Your app uses the Facebook brand in a way that implies partnership, sponsorship or endorsement. Remove the Facebook brand from your app name, marks or generic terms.<\blockquote>

I don’t get it?

NextScripts.com
            Participant

What is the name of your app? If it has the word “Facebook” in it – remove it.

thomas
              Participant

Facebook answered the third review submission: “Notes from our review team
                Web
                You already have permission to post to self/managed pages based on being an admin of the app. Please do not re-submit these permissions for review. Thanks!
                Unapproved
                publish_actions
                Web
                It is not clear from your submitted instructions how you are using the data gained from this permission within your app on this platform. Please make it clear how you are planning on using the data and what enhanced functionality this provides your app. You can find more information here.
                Unapproved
                manage_pages
                Web
                It is not clear from your submitted instructions how you are using the data gained from this permission within your app on this platform. Please make it clear how you are planning on using the data and what enhanced functionality this provides your app. You can find more information here.”

This is the plugins output: “Array ( [pgID] => [isPosted] => 0 [pDate] => 2014-05-11 07:59:14 [Error] => Error validating application. Application has been deleted. ) Array ( [pgID] => [isPosted] => 0 [pDate] => 2014-05-11 07:59:14 [Error] => Error validating application. Application has been deleted. )”

So, Facebook won’t positively answer my submission and I can’t use the plugin, since I clearly do not have the needed permissions!

It’s frustrating!

P. S. And every time it’s another reason for decline, even if I changed nothing! It’s frustrating and ridiculous!

thomas
                Participant

Got it, fine now. Thank you for your help!

Fatih Mehmet
                  Participant

i have the same problem!

NextScripts.com
                    Participant

Got it, fine now. Thank you for your help!

What did you do to finally get it?

Nathan
                      Participant

Hi Thomas,

I’m having the same problem with the permissions being approved. What did you do to get the permissions approved? Or did you find a way to get SNAP to work without those permissions?

Thanks.

Nathan
                        Participant

@NextScripts Facebook rejected the Manage_pages and publish_actions when I submitted the app for review. They said that if this is my app, and these are my pages that I want to post to, then as a developer of the App, I should already have the permissions I need. I’m sorry I don’t have the exact feedback because it disappeared when I resubmitted. Perhaps there is a way to recode the plugin so it uses the fb app’s inherent permissions to make the post and not just any fb user that I set up in the SNAP plugin settings? FB says I can add users to my App’s developer role if I want additional users to post to my page. I’m not sure what how to insist that I need the Manage_pages and publish_actions.

Fran
                          Participant

Hi, I’m having the exact same problem.
                            I’d submitted my app using precisely the same information given in the tutorial/instructions but it got rejected.

The reason sounded very familiar to the previous poster:
                            “You do not need to request these permissions because your blog or CMS is integrated with an app that you admin. As an App admin, you can already access these permissions and post to your Timeline or a page you admin. You can provide access to additional users by adding them as developers of your App.”

For publish actions:
                            “Web
                            You have requested excessive permissions based on the usage explanation you provided. Please ensure the information you request is not already available in public_profile information. You can find more information here.”

for manage pages:
                            “Web
                            You have requested excessive permissions based on the usage explanation you provided. Please ensure the information you request is not already available in public_profile information. You can find more information here.”

Does anyone know what else I can do to get permission??

It sounds like a generic machine generated response. Facebook are probably getting so many app requests that they don’t even bother to process them properly.

I’d really love to hear from anyone that’s had some success. This plugin is pretty useless to me without the facebook section.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.