Are You experiencing any issues with SNAP Pro Plugin?

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Are You experiencing any issues with SNAP Pro Plugin?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

I have been setting this plugin with social media sites for the past three days. I have encountered conflicts at every turn. I am using WP 3.6 with default theme and no other plugins to determine any issues. In my wp debug log there are dozens of php notices.

I have only gotten to the 5th social media site as of today. I have “bad password no form” with Youtube when attempting a test post within the YouTube Settings Pop up Panel.

I have data wiped out of settings fields in Pinterest Settings Pop up Panel and the plugin also unchecks auto posting check box when save settings button is used.

I have been able to setup FaceBook, Twitter and Google +. These work.

Please let me know if you are having any issues with the NextScripts SNAP Pro version? Or if you are experiencing any issues setting up any other social media accounts with either the free version or pro version of SNAP. Thank you.

In the meantime, I have submitted tickets for the above issues already.

Robert
      Participant

Instapaper works. Requires $3 quarterly subscription fee through paypal, in order to share your links and have them accessible to other people. However, I paid it anyways, so I could be assured of the backlinking aspects. (to be crawled). The service is primarily set for a single user. They do allow connecting other social media accounts, but this is more of a method for driving non-users to their platform to do the same, subscribe for a fee.

Monitoring your web logs will tell the story whether this site has any value. As well as seo reports for backlinking. Sich as doing a simple search for the posted url in a search engine, to determine whether or not this site is being crawled or you backlinks having any relevance.

This site is not exactly search friendly. It only allows you after you pay to search your won links, not anyone elses on their site. As mentioned, it appears more as a “private” archive of links. And I’m testing to determine if Google will even index these links?

If anyone has had any success with this site, let me know?

JL Galindo
        Participant

Yes actually all my posts cant post the hashtags, i have been dealing with it for almost a month and i get no response from “staff”:

Robert
          Participant

Okay, Friendfeed testes and works. You will require an api. follow link in the pop up settings panel. There is no detailed instructions and I have submitted tickets for all missing detailed instructions so far.

JL Galindo, thank you for your report.

Robert
            Participant

Plurk works Tested.

Robert
              Participant

KV.com does not work. The detailed instructions are asking you to do something the site does not allow and can cause your account to be removed.

Please review image link. https://screencast.com/t/c4FCnsWH

Explicit instructions are echoed in the browser NOT to to do this: “Please copy that URL completely and past it to the “vKontakte(VK) Auth Response” field.”

“Please do not copy the data from the address bar to third-party sites. So you can lose access to your account.”

Also, the text field for the above does not retain the data. It disappears. Which prevents the test post button from appearing to do a test post. And there is also a missing prompt to complete the setup for the app to be verified as well.

Robert

Alternative Solution to incompatibility issues with KV integration: I just setup Live Journal. You can connect your KV account to your Live Journal Account. This will allow you to post simultaneously to your KV account when you auto post to your Live Journal Account.

I suspect as time moves forward we will continue to see a wider set of social media site integration with each site. This is great for cross traffic. Give it a few more years and this will be wide open through the OPENauth structure. Think of it as a new spin on a very old idea: “Web of Trust (WOT), aka ’97.

NextScripts.com
                  Participant

Please DO NOT CONFUSE people. You just misread the instructions and misinterpreted the VK.com warning.

The VK message says ““Please do not copy the data from the address bar to third-party sites. So you can lose access to your account.””

if you consider your own site “third-party site” and have a lot of unknown people walking though your WP Admin area then please don’t use that URL.

That URL suppose to be used only on your own site where nobody but you and trusted WP Admins should have access to. Which is exactly what WP Admin area is usually is.

KV.com does not work. The detailed instructions are asking you to do something the site does not allow and can cause your account to be removed.

Please review image link. https://screencast.com/t/c4FCnsWH

Explicit instructions are echoed in the browser NOT to to do this: “Please copy that URL completely and past it to the “vKontakte(VK) Auth Response” field.”

“Please do not copy the data from the address bar to third-party sites. So you can lose access to your account.”

Also, the text field for the above does not retain the data. It disappears. Which prevents the test post button from appearing to do a test post. And there is also a missing prompt to complete the setup for the app to be verified as well.

Robert

Fine, still an issue: KV – text field for the above does not retain the data. It disappears. Which prevents the test post button from appearing to do a test post. And there is also a missing prompt to complete the setup for the app to be verified as well.

Stumble Upon does not work. The password and user name have been verified to work through direct login. However, through the plugin….

Testing …

Array
                      (
                      [0] => Array
                      (
                      [message] => Invalid username/email or password
                      [code] => -1
                      )

)
                      -= BAD USER/PASS =-

Robert

.Final Test Conclusion: .17 Social media sites created. 12 work, 5 don’t – YouTube, Blogger, Pinterest, Stumble Upon, KV.

Tested latest version of plugin with WP 3.6. All trouble shooting guidelines implemented. Total Test period and setup: 7 days.

Advice:If you would like to create more backlinks, use the same 12 social media sites which do work at this time, and create new social media accounts. Then set up new auto post settings for these accounts.

Set up different time delays for each auto post account. This will reduce server resources required, while resulting in more natural looking backlinks when search engines crawl the links and access their value.

Norm
                        Participant

Is the pinterest module not working? The only reason I brought this yesterday was for the Auto Pinning function, which is ironic because as of yet I have not received the plugin or had a response from Support requesting a download link to the plugin.

At this rate I’ll be opening a dispute with Paypal and requesting a refund.

NextScripts.com
                          Participant

I am not sure what are you asking about here?

1. Pinterest module is working perfectly.

2. Download link was sent to your paypal email right after the payment.

NextScripts.com
                            Participant

All networks supported by the plugin are working fine.

We made a post 5 minutes ago.

YouTube:
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/nextscripts/

Blogger:
                              https://nextscripts.blogspot.com/2013/09/new-release-version-2718.html

Pinterest:
                              https://pinterest.com/pin/152066924891538099/

StumbleUpon:
                              https://www.stumbleupon.com/content/1aeQxf

VK.com (I am not sure whay you keep calling it KV)
                              https://vk.com/wall-48315597_125

If you have troubles settings it up please contact support.

Ludwig.

.Final Test Conclusion: .17 Social media sites created. 12 work, 5 don’t – YouTube, Blogger, Pinterest, Stumble Upon, KV.

Tested latest version of plugin with WP 3.6. All trouble shooting guidelines implemented. Total Test period and setup: 7 days.

Advice:If you would like to create more backlinks, use the same 12 social media sites which do work at this time, and create new social media accounts. Then set up new auto post settings for these accounts.

Set up different time delays for each auto post account. This will reduce server resources required, while resulting in more natural looking backlinks when search engines crawl the links and access their value.

Norm
                              Participant

No download link was sent to my email address after payment. I sent two emails with my paypal transaction ID but have not received a reply.

NextScripts.com
                                Participant

If you have sent support requests – what is your ticket #?

We don’t send download links.

Here is what you need to do.

Please go to the: https://www.nextscripts.com/mypage

Click “Forgot your password?” enter your email that you used to make an order – click the link in the email to create a new password and you will be able to get your activation key and download your products.

Please see the “Upgrade/Activation” instructions here: https://www.nextscripts.com/upgrade-to-pro-setup-install-social-networks-auto-poster-for-wordpress/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • The topic ‘Are You experiencing any issues with SNAP Pro Plugin?’ is closed to new replies.