Autoposting to Closed FB Group Not Working — Worked Fine Two Days Ago

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Autoposting to Closed FB Group Not Working — Worked Fine Two Days Ago

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

While autoposting to my FB timeline and to my FB Page continues to work fine, I just discovered that autoposting to my FB Closed Group is not working.

I get the error that is mentioned in NextScripts’ troubleshooting section:

Array ( [Warning] => [Error] => (#200) The user has not authorized the application to perform this action. )

I had made NO changes to my FB app settings. Nevertheless, I followed their suggestions and verified that my domain name and website URL are still properly set in my FB app settings.

It seems to me that the fact that I can still autopost to both my timeline and to my page, demonstrates that the problem is not in my FB app settings, or in my WordPress settings.

I noticed that, currently, at the top of my FB app page, it says “We are not reviewing apps at this time due to changes we are making to the Facebook Platform.” Whether or not that has any bearing on my current inability to autopost to my closed group, I am not sure.

Given the nature of previous problems which have sometimes mysteriously appeared, and then just as mysteriously disappeared, I am thinking that perhaps Facebook has temporarily disabled autoposting to FB groups, while it tinkers with its code.

Is anyone else experiencing this same error message while trying to autopost to closed groups, or any groups for that matter?

Thanks!

There is another thread that answers this question.

NextScripts.com
    Keymaster

Facebook disabled Groups API. Autoposting to Groups is no longer possible.

Please see here for more info about all recent Facebook errors and issues.

Facebook Problems and Changes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.