Beta 3 RC2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Martin Cooney
    Participant

I’ve been testing the betas and since this is now out for Public testing, I need to post some resource issues I’ve been having with the v3 plugin.

I run a VPS and have noticed since installing the beta 3 RC2 (first time on the VPS) that the PHP5 resource threads have been spawning so much so that it consumes all available memory to the point of restarting mySQL and Apache services. And having the website offline til these restarts occur.

I don’t know why this happens but presume it has to do with the auto-reposting.

This will cause enormous strain on any shared hosting as well.

Can I please get some feedback on how best to remedy this?
      Thanks
      Martin

NextScripts.com
      Participant

How is your WP Cron setup? Are you using the real cron or visitor based WP Cron built in the WordPress?

Martin Cooney
        Participant

I’m using the real cron that fires every 5 minutes.
          I’ve seen 20+ instances of php5_cgi in the process monitor. Since disabling the b3rc2, I haven’t seen any that are causing issues

Martin Cooney
          Participant

I don’t know what bugs were squashed for the release of RC3 but this problem persisted.
            Tested RC3 and it also (after a few hours) consumed the memory processes and reset the VPS – needing me to disable this plugin again.
            Note: I disabled all comment imprts as well, just in case that was the issue but to no avail

NextScripts.com
            Participant

Do you have an old posts reposting or query activated?

Martin Cooney
              Participant

Yes I am reporting old posts with the new feature of v3
                I don’t know what you mean by query activatd though?

NextScripts.com
                Participant

Query is activated from the Settings tab->-How to make auto-posts>Limit autoposting speed

Please try to disable Query and old posts reporting (separately) and see if problem is gone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.