Can I Simultaneously Syndicate Blog to Both Facebook Page & Facebook Timeline?

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Can I Simultaneously Syndicate Blog to Both Facebook Page & Facebook Timeline?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bill Kochman
    Participant

Hello. I currently use the pro version of your SNAP plug-in to syndicate my blog contents to my Facebook page.

I would also like to syndicate the same blog contents to my Facebook timeline as well.

Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?

Do I need to set up a second app on FB first, and get a second app ID number and a second app secret code?

Or can I use the same FB app for both my page and my timeline, and simply set up a second Facebook account in my SNAP settings which uses the URL for my timeline, instead of the URL for my FB page?

I haven’t tried doing any of this yet, because I am afraid that I might break something, which I obviously do not want to do.

I asked this same question in support ticket 331183 eight days ago, but have never received a response.

Thank you.

Bill Kochman
      Participant

Please disregard my previous post. I already took the plunge and have answered my questions for myself.

As it turns out, I was able to use the same Facebook app as I use with my FB page.

All I had to do was create a second account under the Facebook section in the SNAP settings.

The only difference that I made in the SNAP settings was to use the URL for my Facebook timeline, instead of for my Facebook page.

The SNAP plug-in is now successfully syndicating my blog content to both places simultaneously without a problem or protest from Facebook.

This has just increased the value of this plug-in for me. I may just decide to move everything over from the Publicize plug-in — a part of Jetpack — to the SNAP plug-in instead. I haven’t decided yet. I need to weight any advantages and disadvantages of doing that.

Alex
        Participant

no, you can use the same fb app for all (pages,profiles,groups) if you want 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.