Cannot Boost Facebook Post

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Cannot Boost Facebook Post

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Paula Barbarito-Leivtt
    Participant

I use SNAP to autopost my wordpress blog posts to Facebook and have done so and boosted the posts for over a year. The last few boosts (starting ~ 6 weeks ago) have been rejected due to “Your ad wasn’t approved because it doesn’t follow our Advertising Policies. We require display link captions to accurately reflect the URL and associated advertiser or business that someone visits when they click on it. We do not allow ads with free-form text to replace the display links.
      How to fix: If you’d like to continue advertising, we suggest not using the “Display Link/Captions” field with free-form text or with a domain that differs from the domain of the landing page .”

I see no ability to edit any field that is “display link” in SNAP or FB’s tools including power editor. Can someone explain what needs to be changed and how to do these edits to meet the policy. I have not changed anything and these boosts (autoposts of my blog entries) were approved in the past. I know others having the same issue.

Felipe
      Participant

I can confirm that this is happening and I detailed what’s causing Facebook to reject the Boosted posts via SNAP on a ticket: https://www.nextscripts.com/support/tickets.php?id=19812

As the support on this plugin seems non-existente I’m letting the creators know that I’ll edit the plugin myself trying to fix this.

NextScripts.com
        Participant

This part of the post IS NOT set by the plugin.

https://www.nextscripts.com/facebook-posts-with-attached-link/

Please adjust your OG meta tags.

Bryan
          Participant

I’m having this issue as well. How do we resolve it?

NextScripts.com
            Participant

>> I’m having this issue as well. How do we resolve it?

Please see the reply above.

This part of the post IS NOT set by the plugin. You can’t do anything in the plugin to change that part of the post.

Please adjust your OG meta tags.

Felipe
              Participant

Well it’s definitely NOT on my OG meta tags as when I simple copy and paste an URL from my website to share it shows the information correctly – also when using Sharing Debugger from FB.

If it’s NOT on the plugin then it can only be on the App you request us to create, or something else entirely. What else can it be? How do we debug the app we created to connect SNAP with FB? Any help?

NextScripts.com
                Participant

Actually you are right.

We just checked it again and it looks like FB now allows this field to be set through the API. It fills it with sitename by default.

We will do something about that in the next release.

Felipe
                  Participant

Great, thank you for acknowledging this. In the meantime I changed my OG:SITE_NAME to be my URL while you guys fix it on your side.

Thanks and happy new year!

AJ
                    Participant

I am having the same issue, is there a time frame on a fix? where do I go to change my OG:SITE_NAME. So I can get mine boosted in the meantime.

Nick
                      Participant

Is there an update on this? We would like to be able to boost our posts made from our blog.

NextScripts.com
                        Participant

It was fixed in the 3.7.10. Please update your plugin to the latest version (which is already 3.7.11)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.