Excluding Pages from Reposter

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Excluding Pages from Reposter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m looking for a way to EXclude certain pages from my reposters.

There are no options to exclude in the settings, or the reposter settings, and Support came up with the idea of creating a custom field and dropping that into each unwanted page, and adding the custom field into the settings for exclusion.

This last idea failed spectacularly as ALL of the posts, pages and CPTs were now being excluded whether they contained the custom field or not.

I’m just trying to exclude my Privacy Policy, my Sitemap Page, and a couple of other similar pages that should not be really shared, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a failsafe way of being able to exclude certain pages?

Thanks!

Right, I think I’ve found a workaround if anyone was interested.

Download THIS PLUGIN and install it.

Then in your new page categories section, add a category ‘noshare’ or anything else that won’t affect your other categories, and select this new category for all pages that you wanted to omit.

In the Nextscripts ‘settings’ tab, scroll down to the Categories filter and drop ‘noshare’ in, and EXCLUDE.

In the Nextscripts ‘reposter’ tab, scroll down to the categories filter and do the same as above.

When I saved the new settings in my reposters, there were three pages missing, which I assume were those that I chose to omit.

Obviously this will be of no use to those Nextscripts users that are already INcluding categories as there is only one option to either include, or exclude, all categories – so we’ll leave Nextscripts to explore ways of getting a more permanent workaround that will let you either include or exclude individual pages.

QED

blaivas
    Participant

So, basically you are unable to use filters, right?
      For my site filters are very important, but currently I can only either Post ALL posts or NONE. Filtering doesn’t work for me.. So, I guess I am not the only one with this issue

Using filters in general, yes – because I’m finding no problems with them.

Using filters on pages though is a whole new ball game, and requires the above plugin to add categories to the pages so that you can exclude them.

Just another strange quirk of Nextscripts I suppose.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.