Facebook account block

Tagged: 

• This topic has 13 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 5 months, 1 week ago by info@voetbalrotterdam.nl.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Does anyone experience facebook blocks with the premium api?

NextScripts
    Keymaster

Please see the answer in the FAQ – #2.24: https://www.nextscripts.com/support-faq/#a24

All our scripts are installed on your server and your server makes posts to your networks directly. When you make a post your server logins to your account on your behalf and makes a post. The location that Facebook is asking you to confirm is a location of your server.

The further your sever from your home the more suspicious Facebook about that login. Please confirm that it was you. It might take several times and then Facebook will stop asking. Basically Facebook needs to mark your server IP as your “usual login” location. Once that happens, Facebook will stop with “suspicious activity” alerts.

Alternatively please try to use session instead of username password or vise versa.

Facebook posting stopped working for me on all websites several days ago. Whenever I try to fix it according the NextScripts ‘instructions’ my account is blocked. If this blocking happens too frequently my Facebook pages/accounts may be permanently suspended.

This is really not good…

I have the same problem, even though the server is running locally, the login is done locally, accounts are blocked and more, Facebook judges me as a spammer and blocks me for seven days.

I am using another competing plugin and this does not happen, but I really miss Snap, mainly for importing comments.

Is there a solution? We wait! Thank you.

sexoblogue.fr
      Participant

I too have encountered this problem: every time I try to post on Facebook via the Nextscript API (using session login), Facebook has been blocking my account and forcing me to change my password for several weeks.
        Today, I took my courage in both hands and recreated the Facebook connections for all the pages and groups I had, but using Username/Email this time (it’s not possible to change the login mode by session or by Username/Email without having to recreate a new account). For the moment, I’ve made 2 tries and Facebook hasn’t disconnected me yet.

Exactly the same problem here. No change in servers, but since beginning of 2020 or so Facebook started blocking me again whenever I try to use SNAP as autoposter.

john@lowgenius.com
        Participant

The problem here is with 2FA; there’s no mechanism in SNAP to respond to a 2FA request, and FB is now funnelling ALL page owners through their business platform…which requires 2fa.

I’ve had to change my PW two dozen times in the last day, and the only reason I still have an account is I’ve already been working with FB on an ID validation problem, so I have the almost unheard-of ability to contact someone inside FB to unlock my account, through an alternate.

I *love* snap, I’ve been wanting to buy the API for seven years since I bought the Snap Pro plugin. I finally got the fifty bucks and honestly, mean, I hate to say this but it’s been nothing but a headache ever since. I’d have been better off with the PRO API, except then I can’t post to my personal page.

I’m not gonna flounce off or be a jerk about it. SNAP’s a great tool and working with FB in any kind of programming capacity is an absolute nightmare. But please, please, please can we code 2fa recognition/auth into the Snap API so this nightmare ends? Doing a session from another/private browser doesn’t work either; it just locks my account again when I try to log in privately and get the session ID, which invalidates all the session ID’s and I have to start over. If I could authenticate through the SNAP process running from my server, FB would flag the server as legit and I’d be fine. (My contact can’t flag it manually, I asked.)

It would be nice if FB would code their crap to stop breaking third-party addons, but until they do I’m not seeing a good way around 2fA.

I can even see the trigger/execution process in my head, I just can’t code it. FB returns that 405 error; that should trigger a 2fa check form to pop up in SNAP so I can submit my generator code. Yes, it’s a giant PITA, but there’s no getting around it.

Thanks for your help, and for a great tool. I look forward to a year of using it smoothly, once these wrinkles get worked out. (NB: I’d anticipate having this problem with other networks sooner than later; after the impact inauthentic social media actors have had on democratic processes around the world over the last few years, it’s only going to get tighter over time.)

Hi, 

Any suggestion to fix this? Every 3 days (=exact 72h) i need to unlock my facebook account? 
          I might think because my mobile number is linked to 2 separate fb accounts, but that’s the only possible solution i got in mind. 
          Do you have other solutions top of mind? Username/Pasword functionality is not working for me, so i need to use the usersessionID method all the time.

jamesanderson
          Participant

Thanks for this!

DeanWatkins
            Participant

In principle, you can use this option

SashaGram
              Participant

Hey there, It’s sad to hear you’re experiencing blocks with your Facebook account. It can be frustrating when you try to use the premium API, and your account gets blocked. An alternative way to avoid account blocks is using a PVA Facebook account. These accounts are verified with a phone number and often have a better track record of staying unblocked.

raavikant
                Participant

Hi, You must comment with FB support and explain them your scenario.

Thanks
                  Ravikant

ballinstruct
                  Participant

Excuse me, It’s terrible to learn that you’re unable to access your Facebook account. Having your account prohibited from accessing the premium API is frustrating connections puzzle

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by ballinstruct. Reason: incorrect content
                    • This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by ballinstruct. Reason: incorrect content
                    jenniferbrowns
                    Participant

My Facebook account has been blocked quite a few times so I want to know about it which is pretty much what I found out and on the account I had I used to sell products like this Taylor Swift Kansas City Chiefs jacket type.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.