Facebook, "internal server error", and "admin-ajax.php"

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Facebook, "internal server error", and "admin-ajax.php"

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #128257
    boah123
    Participant

    Hi,

    I use v3.1.2 of Next Scripts. I can auto tweet posts, but not to Facebook. Previous versions of Next Scripts had no problems with Facebook.

    I found out that this is the error message: “Sending update to Facebook”, Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

    Any ideas how to solve this problem or how to obtain more info about it?

    Thanks!

    #128612
    NextScripts.com
    Participant

    You need to take a look at the http server logs for more info. Please contact your server admin or hosting provider if you don’t know how to do it.

    #131167
    boah123
    Participant

    Inside the logs I could not find more info. The error message in Chrome Webmaster Tools indicates that the problem originates inside jQuery v1.10.2. Possible?

    #131680
    NextScripts.com
    Participant

    You need to see your server logs, not the logs from your browser.

    #131908
    boah123
    Participant

    I did checked the server logs! But there is nothing to see. Are other options for me? Do you have, for example, a script to check if the server / site is plugin ready?

    #132130
    NextScripts.com
    Participant

    What do you mean “nothing to see”? When webserver throws “500 (Internal Server Error)” to the browser it always writes technical details about this error to the log. Those technical details contain information about the error and what file caused it.

    #132466
    boah123
    Participant
    #132467
    boah123
    Participant

    Inside my post, I used my domain name. Could you please anonymise my second url to ‘mydomain’. TNX.

    #132690
    boah123
    Participant

    I’ve been able to obtain more info!

    The 500 error code said:
    “Invalid or no certificate authority found, using bundled information”.

    I’ve tried to re-authenticate and got this message:
    -= This is normal technical authorization info that will dissapear (Unless you get some errors) =-

    Array
    (
    [http_request_failed] => Array
    (
    [0] => SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
    error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
    )

    )
    -=
    Array
    (
    [doFB] => 0
    [nName] => mydomain.com
    [fbAppID] => xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [fbAppSec] => xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [catSelEd] =>
    [fbPostType] => A
    [fbAttch] => 2
    [fbAttchAsVid] => 0
    [imgUpl] => 1
    [fbMsgFormat] => %TITLE%
    [fbMsgAFrmt] =>
    [fbURL] => https://www.facebook.com/mydomain.com
    [fbPgID] => mydomain.com
    [fbAppAuthToken] => xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [fbAppPageAuthToken] => xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [fbAppAuthUser] => xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [catSel] => 0
    [riComments] => 0
    [riCommentsAA] => 0
    [useFBGURLInfo] => 1
    [rpstOn] => 0
    [rpstDays] => 0
    [rpstHrs] => 2
    [rpstMins] => 0
    [rpstRndMins] => 15
    [rpstPostIncl] => 0
    [rpstType] => 2
    [rpstTimeType] => A
    [rpstFromTime] =>
    [rpstToTime] =>
    [rpstOLDays] => 30
    [rpstNWDays] => 365
    [nxsCPTSeld] => a:1:{i:0;s:4:”post”;}
    [rpstBtwDays] => Array
    (
    )

    )
    Array
    (
    [headers] => Array
    (
    [access-control-allow-origin] => *
    [cache-control] => no-store
    [content-type] => application/json; charset=UTF-8
    [expires] => Sat, 01 Jan 2000 00:00:00 GMT
    [pragma] => no-cache
    [www-authenticate] => OAuth “Facebook Platform” “invalid_code” “This authorization code has been used.”
    [x-fb-rev] => 1114696
    [x-fb-debug] => qCht7rtw/aYImXyqxDR2vZjmSf+8UJ5kQL1ZLubG4Po=
    [date] => Sun, 09 Feb 2014 11:02:54 GMT
    [connection] => close
    [content-length] => 97
    )

    [body] => {“error”:{“message”:”This authorization code has been used.”,”type”:”OAuthException”,”code”:100}}
    [response] => Array
    (
    [code] => 400
    [message] => Bad Request
    )

    [cookies] => Array
    (
    )

    [filename] =>
    )

    After that, the test post on my Facebook page did work. I can also report to Facebook. However, the message “Sending update to Facebook” remains visible. As is the error message via Ajax in the browser (500 error).

    So, on one had it is working and on the other hand it is not working how is suppose to be.

    Any hints?

    #133035
    NextScripts.com
    Participant

    The answer is in the FAQ – #4.4:

    Support FAQ

    #557103
    walshmagger
    Participant

    The first thing you need to know about an “Internal Server Error” is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with our plugin. This is a ‘catch-all’ error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.