Facebook Share "via" uses App instead of Page

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Facebook Share "via" uses App instead of Page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    Participant

It appears I’m having a problem with sharing. When auto posting to a fan page, everything looks fine, until a user clicks the share button and shares a link from my fan page to their own timeline. Instead of it coming from the fan page, the “via” link refers to the app, and the text gets broken up into 3 lines.

I’ve tried several different things to solve this, from changing my page type, to reloading the plugin and connection, and even using the repost button.

I think this may be a Facebook issue – while searching these forums I came across a sample post in another topic, which was published by Hootsuite and had the same problem (I shared it to test).

Until this is fixed, I’ll have to share posts manually on Facebook, and use SNAP only for other networks. I’ve attached a screenshot. Can anyone confirm the same problem?

Here are the steps to confirm:
      1) Share post to Facebook Page using SNAP
      2) From the Facebook Page, share the post to your own timeline using the share button
      3) Check your timeline to see if it was shared via the Facebook Page or the App, and if the text appears in one or separate lines

Screens

A new autopost with line breaks in text after being reshared by a user

A new autopost with line breaks in text after being reshared by a user, showing App in rollover

How it should look – a new manual post with text on a single line and rollover showing Fanpage.

Ian
      Participant

Oops I mistyped a URL. The second screen should be:

A new autopost with line breaks in text after being reshared by a user, showing App in rollover

Ian
        Participant

Wow – am I really the only one having this problem?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.