How to Set Up Cron Job Using LaunchControl App

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums How to Set Up Cron Job Using LaunchControl App

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am trying to set up a cron job for SNAP Pro using a popular Mac app called “LaunchControl”. I have no experience with this app, or with setting up cron jobs and creating plist files on Mac OS X.

I have tried to create the cron job with the little information I have, but I keep getting an error 78 in the LaunchControl app.

If anyone here has successfully used LaunchControl to set up a cron job for SNAP Pro, I would really appreciate your help.

Also, it would really be great if NextScripts provided a tutorial for this, just as they do for other platforms on their “WP-Cron: Scheduling Tasks in WordPress” page.

Thanks in advance!

After a certain amount of frustration, and some help from the developer of the LaunchControl app, I was finally able to properly set up a cron job for SNAP Pro this afternoon. To be honest, as a Premium API paying customer, I am disappointed that after more than a week, NextScripts has failed to even address my inquiry here.

I still think it would be a good idea for NextScripts to add a tutorial regarding how to set up the cron job on a Mac OS X machine. It is not fair to us paying Mac users, that the tutorial only addresses WP-Cron scheduling tasks for cPanel and Plesk.

I wanted to offer a big tip for fellow Mac OS X users who may be having difficulty getting their cron job to work for SNAP Pro.

As mentioned above, in my case, I purchased and used the app called LaunchControl. However, I kept getting an exit error of 78 with the app.

Then I discovered why, what was wrong, and how to fix it.

The problem is that by default, WordPress’s “wp-cron.php” file does NOT have a shebang line — or interpreter line — at the very top of it. You need to add it yourself. This is the line which begins with “#!”. After typing “#!” — without the quote marks — you need to add the path where your PHP binary is located.

As soon as I did that, my cron job started working, and I am happily posting to my social networks again via SNAP Pro.

I hope this bit of information helps other Mac OS X users out there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.