Image Sizes on Friends Wall

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Image Sizes on Friends Wall

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Raintrader
    Participant

Hi there,
      first of all thanx for the great work. Im considering buying the Pro Version. But there is one issue i would ask you to shine a light on.

After some time configuring the Options i am able to post to my FB Page. The post show up on my FB Page Wall just the way they should with BiG Images. Perfect so far.

But:

In the Newsfeed of my Friends (people who liked my Page) the post show up only displaying the small Image (attached post Style). Is there a way to show the Big images in Friends Newsfeeds as well ??

Raintrader
      Participant

I found out that if i post a link to my FB Page Manually it aperars with big Images on my FB page as well as in Friends newsfeed.
        In other words: Manualy posting shows Big Images erverywhere. Posting via the Plugin shows Big Image on FB Page but small image in Freinds Feed.

Mick
        Participant

same here

NextScripts.com
          Participant
            Raintrader
            Participant

Also no Open Graph Tags are inserted by the Plugin. Open Graph Option in Settings is checked.!!
              Only thing i see in the Sourcecode is:

<!– ## NXS/OG ## –><!– ## NXSOGTAGS ## –><!– ## NXS/OG ## –>

Raintrader
              Participant

I allready checked this: https://www.nextscripts.com/blog/facebook-new-bigger-shared-link-thumbnail-images/

But it doesnt gets me any further. As i mentioned obove the Plugin is already Posting to my FB Page (fan page ) with Big Images. But these post ,when displayed in the newsfeed of my followers/Friends/fans, show up only with small images.

Mick
                Participant

same here but author’s plugin seems don’t understand what we say…

Mick
                  Participant

****But these post ,when displayed in the newsfeed of my followers/Friends/fans, show up only with small images.****

And if these post manually link to post ir shows Big Images erverywhere…

NextScripts.com
                    Participant

same here but author’s plugin seems don’t understand what we say…

Right….

Let me quote some text from the link I sent you earlier…

While this new layout yet to be transitioned to the regular API shares, there is a way to make this happen right now. Version 3 has an option to let Facebook decide the share info by itself using your OG tags and other info.

I apologize if it’s not clear enough. Let me explain it a little bit further:

This feature is not explicitly available to Facebook API yet. When it will be available is totally up to Facebook. We will implement it the next day after Facebook adds it.

If you read the post you see that this feature possible only if you check “Let Facebook fill the link info” checkbox. This basically means that if this checkbox is set plugin just does NOTHING. It just tells the the Facebook – “Here is the URL to share – do whatever you like with it”. There is noting else. Nothing could be broken, nothing for us to fix. Whatever happens on Facebook pages and how it’s shown there is totally up to Facebook. Our plugin just not involved at all.

Jeremy
                      Participant

I’m running version 3.0.7 of the plugin and I don’t see the “Let Facebook fill the link info” checkbox in the post share settings. How does one get the large thumbnails without that?

Jeremy
                        Participant

Never mind, I found it in the plugin settings and it was checked by default. I also have the Add Open Graph Tags box checked and they are being correctly generated for the posts, including a link to the proper image that I’d like to be displayed on Facebook, and the image is 1880×1028, fulfilling the size requirements for the large thumbnails. Lastly, my link attachment type is set to shared. All of the criteria for the large thumbnails are met and yet I still get small thumbnails in the Newsfeed to the post.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.