Issues with Status Poster – Links/URLs

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Issues with Status Poster – Links/URLs

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    John Henry
    Participant

Using the “New Post to Social Networks” function, I notice some issues.

Primarily, this relates to posting links to Blogger, Livejournal, and Tumblr: the links don’t post, just the plain text, and even URL text is posted plain and not as a hyperlink. Obviously I could hand-code the link in, but that means creating separate posts for different networks…which kind of defeats the purpose of having a single-point posting interface.

I’ve also noticed that if my post is too long for twitter, it either truncates at 137 characters and adds an ellipsis (three dots …), rather than using TwitLonger or linking to a full version of the message on another network.

Finally, sometimes when posting – again, speaking only of statuses here, not new blog posts – the process stops at my Google+ brand page and then doesn’t process any of the others. This *appears* to happen in the order FB personal, FB page, Twitter, Google+ personal, G+ page (no post), and then Tumblr, Blogger, and LiveJournal don’t post.

Is this something I’ll just have to learn to live with, or is there a potential fix on the horizon?

Otherwise, a great and handy tool, I’m glad I invested in it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.