Pics not autoposted to LinkedIn

Forums NextScripts API Forums – Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.. Pics not autoposted to LinkedIn

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Der-Bank-Blog
    Participant

Hi

my autoposting to LinkedIn does not post pictures anymoe. Anyone else facing this issue? Or anyone who had not those problems?
      Help is appreciated

Cheers
      Hansjörg

seandoe1990
      Participant

hi all

atquest
        Blocked

Yes, i have the exact same problem. Direct links get processed, but the autoposter doesn’t result in the image being shown. I’d love to get some help with this, i’m unsure if this is on SNAP’s or Linkedin’s side. The post parses properly in the linkedin test tool (https://www.linkedin.com/post-inspector/inspect/) (der-bank-blog might want to test that))

Der-Bank-Blog
          Participant

It is the same here. The testing tool worked well and dirct posting also.
            I have tested another plugin and there the image was posted.

It seems definitly to be a SNAP Issue, but unfortunatly support seems to be closed since months

atquest
            Blocked

Ive tried a different plugin to autopost with the same results. Could be an API change issue on linkedin’s side. Ive opened a ticket there, but i suspect SNAP can easily test this and pinpoint or circumvent the issue.

Der-Bank-Blog
              Participant

Yes, it is a change at LinkedIn. I contacted them. They told me:

Starting May 31, 2021, for article type posts the description, title, and thumbnail will be set from LinkedIn’s URL Preview of the URL only if the description, title, and thumbnail are not provided from the API call. Prior to this change, each field was set from LinkedIn’s URL Preview if the specific field was not set. If a specific representation of the post is desired, set the description, title, or thumbnail fields, rather than rely on automatic preview. Use the Post Inspector tool to determine what the LinkedIn URL Preview looks like.

To summarize, because you are still passing some of the fields, we are not scraping the image. So if you remove all the fields except the link to be scraped from your call you should see that the image, title, and description are all scraped. So it’s basically an all-or-nothing thing with scraping now, you either provide all the information or none of it and let our scraper do the rest. Can you try to only pass the URL and let me know if that resolves the issue for you?

SNAP need to update the function. I have told them more than once, but no reaction

atquest
                Blocked

Posting with no content, just a link, results in a post without image (these are my settings https://cln.sh/x4jiyY )

Der-Bank-Blog
                  Participant

My setting is
                    %TITLE% von: %AUTHORNAME%
                    %EXCERPT%
                    %URL%
                    %HTAGS%,

no pic either

Der-Bank-Blog
                    Participant

No, I did not find an alternative. SNAP is by far the best plugin for auto-sharing. All the others seem to have some drawbacks.

If you find one, please let me know

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.