problem setting up new app.

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums problem setting up new app.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    aj270303@gmail.com
    Participant

Have been trying to configure a new app.

It will not let me select NO for Use Strict Mode for Redirect URIs.

Because of this I get a can’t load error everytime I try to Authorise my Facebook Account in the settings.

I am guessing this has something to do with the upcoming changes by facebook.

NextScripts.com
      Participant

Why exactly are you trying to select NO for Use Strict Mode for Redirect URIs?

Please just follow our very detailed and illustrated with many screenshots step-by-step instructions:

Setup/Installation: Facebook – Social Networks Auto-Poster

aj270303@gmail.com
        Participant

I was getting this error Can’t Load URL: The domain of this URL isn’t included in the app’s domains”

https://wp-native-articles.com/blog/news/how-to-fix-facebook-apps-error-cant-load-url-domain-url-isnt-included-apps-domains/

I was following that TUT which i thought was from your site. As you can see in the pics it has Use strict mode for redirect URI’s set to NO.

In the facebook settings that is now set to YES and you can’t change.

I went to another app of mine where it is set to no, entered the id and secret and I was able to use it straight away with no problem.

i assumed it was because it wouldn’t let me select no.

NextScripts.com
          Participant

Here is a screenshot from OUR tutorial:

As you can see it set to “Yes”.

Facebook is tightening its security. Right now you can still use an older app with strict mode set to NO and incorrect URL, but they will disable it soon, so its better to setup it correctly.

aj270303@gmail.com
            Participant

Hi.

Yes I will.

As I said i assumed the tutorial I was looking at was yours so I followed it. :-).

I shall bookmark your one and use for future reference.

Many thanks. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.