Problem With Scoop.It Descriptions

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Problem With Scoop.It Descriptions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Kadish
    Participant

So I just recently incorporated Scoop.It into my plugin, and the test post worked great. However, my first cross-post pulled the text from my privacy policy page instead of the text from the blog post I was linking to. The title and image worked fine, but the body copy was all screwed up.

Could this be related to Tumblr’s issue with tokens for the body copy as well? I still haven’t gotten a response regarding the Tumblr issue.

Matthew Kadish
      Participant

Upon further inspection, I’ve found the problem is with the %EXCERPT% token. It seems to be pulling the text from my static Privacy Policy page instead of an excerpt from the actual post being published for some reason.

I switched the token to the %RAWEXCERPT% one and that seems to work fine. I don’t understand why the %EXCERPT% token is acting in that way, though. You may want to look into this.

Also, Tumblr is still not posting anything in the body area. No tokens work there at all.

Matthew Kadish
        Participant

Can we please get an answer regarding tokens? The %EXCERPT% token is still messed up, and nothing in the body text posts to Tumblr still.

NextScripts.com
          Participant

%EXCERPT% token is %RAWEXCERPT% after it has been processed by all filters that you have in your WordPress.

There are a lot of incorrectly written pluigns that assume that filters could be called only when page is being shown in the browser and they are getting all messed up when filters are called from the background.

Matthew Kadish
            Participant

Thanks for answering, but that doesn’t really fix the issue I’m having. I’m not even sure what is going on with Tumblr, because no tokens in the body copy get published at all.

The %RAWEXCERPT% token doesn’t seem to translate the blogpost attachment as an image rich attachment either. The image is always a thumbnail with the excerpt when posted. Not exactly ideal.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.