Scheduled Posts

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Scheduled Posts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Abshire
    Participant

When I schedule a post for a future date and publish it the post will not appear until the specified date/time arrives. How does the WordPress plugin SNAP handle this situation? Does it wait until the future date of the post arrives before sending out notifications to the configured social media sites?

NextScripts.com
      Participant

Our plugin posts to all configured social networks at the time post goes live. Technically speaking our plugin is hooked to the event of changing post status from whatever to “Published”. This event is triggered when you hit “Publish” button, when you post on your site from email, when you publish post from your iOS/Android Device, when external plugin correctly published new post, and when scheduled post becomes live.

Stephen Abshire
        Participant

Well having said that may I request a feature? It would be great if SNAP did not publish to social networks when the “publish” button is pressed, but rather queue itself until the publish date arrives. I tend to write blogs out in advance with a Friday delivery date and it removes some of the automation of SNAP if I have to remember to go back in and manually publish to social networks after the publish date arrives.

NextScripts.com
          Participant

If you read what I said before you will see that this is exactly how it is working right now.

Again:

This event is triggered when you hit “Publish” button, when you post on your site from email, when you publish post from your iOS/Android Device, when external plugin correctly published new post, and when scheduled post becomes live.

The button called “Publish” only if you immediately publish the post, if you scheduled the post for the future date the buttons is called “Schedule”

Stephen Abshire
            Participant

Yes I just tested this as I schedule posts for Friday and I had to install the plugin “WP Missed Schedule” to fix the missed schedule I encountered. So please forgive me for not fully understanding you original explanation.

On a related issue I use Shareaholic and all the post counters are incremented except for Google+. Should I create a new thread for this issue?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.