SNAP Pro Getting Worse and Worse, and Support is Getting Less and Less

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums SNAP Pro Getting Worse and Worse, and Support is Getting Less and Less

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have been using SNAP Pro for over five years now. Over the years it has worked great, and I have been able to simultaneously autopost on up to nine different social networks. So, the $50.00 a year subscription fee for the premium API has been worth it, in my view.

However, it seems that over the past year plus, SNAP Pro has gotten worse and worse, and support for the plugin has become less and less, with Ludwig and his team rarely ever responding to forum posts, tickets and emails. I am not the first person to complain about this.

Sadly, despite my multiple attempts to motivate Ludwig to fix some of the ongoing problems with his plugin, via tickets, forum posts and personal emails, some autoposting issues continue to exist. Just today I updated to the very latest version of the plugin: 4.3.24 (API Version: 4.5.14), yet these issues continue to persist. More specifically, consider the following:

1. I have not been able to autopost to my Blogger account since September of 2020.

2. Autoposting to my Tumblr account has been sporadic at best. My last successful post there was on October 31, 2021

3. Ever since Facebook went offline for hours a while back, I have not been able to autopost to my timeline, to my page, or to my group, even though I am certain that my Session ID is up-to-date, and my other settings are correct as well. Facebook is the most important social network to which I autopost. Without the ability to autopost to it, the SNAP Pro plugin loses much of its value to me.

In fact, the only social networks where I can still autopost successfully are the following four:

Instagram
    LinkedIn
    Pinterest
    Twitter

I have tried to be patient, and I believe that I have been patient. However, I don’t know how much longer I can continue to justify spending $50/year for this plugin, if it no longer does what it is supposed to do, and if the developer(s) are no longer willing to respond in a timely manner to troubleshooting inquiries, etc. I am sure that I speak for more than a few here. It may soon be time to look for an alternative plugin which works in a similar fashion to SNAP Pro.

NextScripts
    Keymaster

Please update your plugin to the latest version 4.3.25. Both issues with tumblr and Blogger have been fixed there.

Excuse me, but that is clearly NOT true. Autoposting to Blogger and Tumblr may be working for you, but they are definitely NOT working for me.

I just updated to 4.3.25, as per your instructions, and doing so has made NO difference. I STILL cannot autopost to the following social networks:

Facebook timeline
      Facebook page
      Facebook group
      Blogger
      Tumblr

As I already reported, I can only autopost to the following social networks:

Instagram
      LinkedIn
      Pinterest
      Twitter

e.typer@gmail.com
      Participant

I also want to note that version 4.3.20 continues to work normally with Facebook.

I also want to note that version 4.3.20 continues to work normally with Facebook.

I am aware of that. In fact, as I believe I pointed out in earlier posts, after reading about 4.3.20 still working, I did downgrade to it. Initially, it did work, at least for my FB page and my FB group, as I recall. However, for some reason which still remains unknown to me, eventually, even 4.3.20 stopped working, so that I was not able to post to my FB timeline, page or group.

Add to that the longtime problems with autoposting to Tumblr and Blogger, and the very poor support we have been receiving as of late, my frustration with NextScripts continued to grow. So, it is no surprise that I finally reached my tipping point, and I decided to look into the “FS Poster” plugin, as recommended by another user here.

Well, after exchanging some emails with the developer of that plugin, and asking a few questions, I decided to risk the one-time payment of $45.00 for a lifetime license, and I paid for FS Poster.

After a bit of initial confusion, because I was new to the plugin, I finally figured things out, and I can now simultaneously autopost to the following using the “FS Poster” plugin:

Blogger
        Facebook timeline
        Facebook group
        Facebook page
        Instagram
        LinkedIn
        Pinterest
        Twitter
        Tumblr

Once I am certain that this will continue to be the case, I intend to terminate my annual subscription to SNAP Pro. I think I have given Ludwig and his team sufficient time to work out the various issues I have been having, as well as time to improve their level of support. They have done neither, so …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.