stopped posting to facebook

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums stopped posting to facebook

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mary Beth Frezon
    Participant

I realized that my posts haven’t made it to facebook for a few days and when I tried to repost one from today I got this error:

Array ( [pgID] => [isPosted] => 0 [pDate] => 2013-04-04 02:16:36 [Error] => [ERROR](#1) An error occured while creating the share
      )

which I can’t seem to resolve by the normal means used when the date is screwy etc. Ideas?

Mary Beth Frezon
      Participant

Thought this was resolved but tonight:

Array ( [pgID] => [isPosted] => 0 [pDate] => 2013-04-11 02:44:13 [Error] => [ERROR](#1) An error occured while creating the share
        )

The date and time above is off by about four hours but nothing about my settings or computer clock has changed…

No error shows on original publishing. The above happens when I tried to repost it.

NextScripts.com
        Participant

The most common reason for this error is having two different links in the post. “Share” means you are sharing a link. If you have more then one link Facebook gets confused about which link you are sharing and throws this error.

Mary Beth Frezon
          Participant

This seems like a problem a future update should fix. I’m not sharing links in my content when I share out to various social media. My goal is purely to share the direct link to my wordpress blog. Since the parameters of what is getting posted to FB, twitter etc are quite specific, I’m not sure why a link included in content should enter into this.

NextScripts.com
            Participant

There is nothing to fix.

Plugin is correctly submitting only one link by itself. The second link is coming from your user data. What do you have in the “Message format” filed?

Mary Beth Frezon
              Participant

Below is what my FB message format is showing. No text from the posts itself.

%SITENAME% – %TITLE% – %IMG% %SURL%

NextScripts.com
                Participant

This is exactly what I said. You are posting two links.

One link is the real link to your post. The second link is a short link produced by %SURL%. From Facebook’s point of view those are two different links.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.