Text just showing 3 dots (…) instead of text from blog posts

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Text just showing 3 dots (…) instead of text from blog posts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    HDHomemaker
    Participant

Some of my recent posts are only showing 3 dots (…) in Facebook instead of text from my blog posts.

My blog is http://www.hotdishhomemaker.com and my facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/hotdishhomemaker

Any idea why this is happening?

NextScripts.com
      Participant

Do you have “Let Facebook fill the link info” checked?

If not the answer is in the FAQ – #4.11:

Support FAQ

HDHomemaker
        Participant

Thank you for the quick reply.
          Yes, I have that option selected.

NextScripts.com
          Participant

If you do then check your OG: tags. Our plugin does nothing if this option is selected. Facebook adds this dots by itself.

HDHomemaker
            Participant

If I look at the OG: Tags in the code on the home page, there’s nothing in the description area (I assume this is by design?):
              <meta property=”og:description” content=”” />

If I drill into a post that’s not working (just getting a …), I get something like the following:
              <meta property=”og:description” content=”…” />

When I use the Open Graph Object Debugger and run the post page through it, I get the following:
              <meta property=”og:description” content=”…” />

The Scraped info the comes up in the debugger is as follows:
              <meta property=”og:description” content=”…”>

I’m at a loss as to how to fix this.

Any help is much appreciated.

HDHomemaker
              Participant

Oh – Also forgot to mention that this problem happens on some posts and not others. I haven’t been able to dissect why. The post formatting doesn’t really seem to be a factor.

Also, the Twitter stuff is sometimes showing pictures and sometimes not.

HDHomemaker
                Participant

It looks like my post above didn’t show the right codes. Upon further investigation, the codes are showing as Unicode “U + 2 0 2 6” and the numeric character reference “& h e l l i p ; ” (without the spaces of course). Now I’m even more confused about why this is happening.

HDHomemaker
                  Participant

I figured it out. It was the Advanced Excerpt plugin causing the issue.
                    For some reason, the ellipsis in that plugin was causing it to post only that in the FB post.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.