Twitter @usernames

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Twitter @usernames

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gavin
    Participant

Hi – one of the things I’m having to do a lot when posting to twitter is double check @usernames. There is currently the option to use %HTAGS% so that tags are used as hashtags, but it’d be helpful to be able to set up a custom taxonomy for twitter usernames, assign something like %TWITUSER% to that taxonomy, and then add %TWITUSER% to the message format.

Or alternatively, have the taxonomy built in as default?

Combine this with the new feature of different post options for different post types, and, wow! So much potential.

Cheers. Gavin.

NextScripts.com
      Participant

Message Formatting Tags

%AUTHORTWNAME% รขโ‚ฌโ€œ Inserts @twitter username from the user(author) settings.

Gavin
        Participant

Thanks for this – doesn’t this collect just one username from the User settings? If so, that’s not what I’m suggesting ๐Ÿ™‚

First, not everyone I’d like to mention would be a registered user.

Second, there are incidences where I’ll want to mention two or more twitter usernames.

Cheers. Gavin.

NextScripts.com
          Participant

If you just want to mention people in the post, all you need to do is to type @username in the post. What kind of automation could be here?

%AUTHORTWNAME% will automatically insert authors username.

Gavin
            Participant

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, typing the @username works, but if you’re working with loads of @usernames it’s often difficult to remember them correctly. As such, I often have to have Twitter open too to double check them.

If I could set up a taxonomy called Twitter Usernames (that’s the easy part ๐Ÿ™‚ ) and then add the @usernames to that that taxonomy, I’ll then be able to select them when I need them and have them automatically inserted using a %FORMAT% tag.

That’s my thought anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers. Gavin.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.