Two-step authentication?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan Jones
    Participant

Does the Google+ Autoposting API support accounts that have two-step authentication turned on?

If so, would I have to create an application-specific password for it, or would I use my main password?

NextScripts.com
      Participant

Plugin could not be compatible with two-step verification. Plugin have to login to your account in order to make a post. 2 step verification requires entering the code from your phone. Plugin can’t take a look at the screen of your phone each time it needs to make a post, so it’s not possible for it to login like this.

If you are concerned about your personal Google account and want to keep 2 step verification on, just create another account, make it admin for your Google+/Blogger page and use it for auto-posting.

Application specific password wont work either. They are working only for the built-in API, and Google+ don’t have built-in API.

Dan Jones
        Participant

That’s what I figured. Not worth it to me then. I’ll just wait until Google releases an official write-capable API.

NextScripts.com
          Participant

Honestly I doubt that will ever happen. It looks like a matter of principal, they want to keep it human-only.

Marcel
            Participant

Wonder how Jetpack could post on profiles and pages WITH 2-Step and an application-specific password…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.