Upgraded Plugin

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums Upgraded Plugin

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Mark Hampshire.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mark Hampshire
    Participant

Hi.

I have had the plugin modified so it can Autopost to facebook at specific times and days etc set by me. It works very well.

However there was a slight problem with how the plugin reads the server time. I am uk based and it is one hour out as we are now in BST here in the UK. it took a while to suss it out as I was setting a specific time and it seemed to not be posting. However they appeared an hour later. it was at that point we discovered the server time was an hour out.

I refereed it to my hosting and they assured me the server time was correct. So they did a scan on the plugin and have come back with this information. I am passing it on to you as they think it is something you should look at. Please see below text…

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. We’ve had a debug through the plugin for you and this appears to be by design.

For example, ./nxs_functions.php is calling the get_lastpostmodified() function with ‘GMT’, and ./inc-cl/tr.php references GMT in the output:

$message[‘postDate’] = (($options[‘useOrDate’]==’1′ && $post->post_date_gmt!=’0000-00-00 00:00:00′)?$post->post_date_gmt:gmdate(“Y-m-d H:i:s”, strtotime($post->post_date))).” GMT”;

As we are in BST in the UK, we are currently GMT + 1, when BST ends, we’ll be back to GMT. As a result, the plugin will appear an hour behind throughout the summer.

This is something the plugin developer should look at correcting, the plugin should really be brought up to date with modern standards and utilise proper timezone support.

We can confirm all of our servers operate a consistent timezone.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.