v4 suggestion: scheduled posts

Forums SNAP – WordPress Plugin Forums v4 suggestion: scheduled posts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John Henry
    Participant

I really like the direct post function (“New Post to Social Networks”), but I share a lot of content from other sites to my social media, and sometimes it all comes in at once.

This is just a suggestion and I’m not going to get all mad and flouncy and demand a refund if it doesn’t happen or anything, but I thought it would be really awesome if v4 included a scheduled post functionality for straight-to-network posting, not just for posts/pages contained within the host blog.

Thanks for a seriously great tool. I can’t put you over enough – this thing saves me at least a dozen hours a month on average.

Aaron
      Participant

John,

Sorry to jump on your thread but if I understand your request, you can actually do this now.

Just to be sure, I believe you want to be able to schedule a message, photo, video, etc. to post on your various social networks but don’t want that message(s) to display on your blog/website. If that’s what you’re trying to do, as I stated you can do it now.

Here how I do it.

1. Create a new custom post type but do not make the post public, searchable, or archived. There are plugins to create custom post types but it only requires a few simple lines of code added to your theme’s functions.php file (if you need help with this let me know)
        2. Then in the SNAP settings, add the custom post type you create as one of the post types that get autoposted.
        3. Simply add your post, image, video, etc. and schedule the post using the built in WP post schedule function.
        4. [Optional] You can customize the SNAP autopost setting per each post as you normally in the SNAP metabox under the post editor.

Your post will be sent out as SNAP normally does but will not be visible or searchable on the frontend of your website.

If you’re concerned about your website database or Google finding your new custom posts (which you can block using a robots.txt file), you can use a plugin like Post Expirator which can unpublish or delete your post after a certain date.

This functionality can get very advanced. With a few additional plugins or customizations, you can create everything from a poor man’s Hootsuite (schedule bulk autopost in advance & pull in RSS feeds from any source to post to your personal and/or business accounts) to a complete Private Blog Network for SEO purposes.

Whenever, SNAP v4 comes out (which I hope will be soon because it’s been almost a year since the first announcement and still no beta) the above will be even more powerful because of the ability to auto repost specific types of post and categories.

Hope this helps.

NextScripts.com
        Participant

John Henry, it’s already implemented in the V4.

Aaron
          Participant

It’s good to hear that scheduling has been added to v4. But when will v4 be available?

Jason Levy
            Participant

Yes, when can we see V4? I want to upgrade to Multisite, but I’m waiting for the V4 version!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.